Windows 7 Unidentified network/no internet access

Jstuts5797

Ok so I know most of you will probably say there are a million other discussions and fixes out there for this issue, but none have worked for me this far. When I try to run windows network diagnostics I get a "local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration" I've tried resetting the network card flushing the DNS, ect and I always end up with the same thing. I've stopped the bonjour service from starting up. This is occurring on a laptop that before about 2 weeks ago the wired connection worked fine (no wifi) and this happened suddenly over night. Some things to note, I can ping my computers IP address just fine. When I look at the IPconfig page some things I noticed that are weird to me: my network adapter that is listed has the IPv4 autoconfigure address as: 169.254.71.252. My provider says this tells them that something is blocking the connection. Also for default gateway, it's blank, nothing listed at all. Also listed are two "tunnel adapters" that I'm clueless about. One is "teredo tunneling pseudo-interface" under it it says media is disconnected, physical address is all zeros says DHCP is not enabled but autoconfigure is enabled. That's all the data for that one. The other is "tunnel adapter isatap.{bunch of numbers here} it's median state is also disabled along with DHCP. Auto confignis is also enabled. All other devices on my network work both wired and wireless. I tried unplugging the network cable from my laptop into my PS3 and it works just fine so I know the problem isn't there. I believe I have disabled all anti virus and firewalls as well. I'm really not sure where else to go from here and this is really frustrating me. If anyone can give me some kind of guidance that would be great! Sorry for typing errors... Typing this all on my iPad because it still gets an Internet connection. Thanks in advance for all your help!

PS. I've tried powering down my router waiting then power up, no change. I've also tried the MAC address trick and its a no go as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ip starting starting with 169 is an autoconfig address assigned because DHCP has failed to assign a valid address for the network from the router. Cen we see a listing of your ipconfig please?

Here is a photo I took of my IPconfig /all from the PROBLEM computer. I borrowed a laptop to connect to my network so I could post an IPconfig from a working computer. I'm going to log in from that working computer then past the results in that post.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413441910.940463.jpg

Ok an before I post the ipconfig details of a WORKING computer on my network I want to clarify a few things. The problem computeris running windows 7 home premium service pack 1. My modem/router is a Arris Whole Home Media Gateway Model - MG5225G/NA Posted below is the ipconfig detaILS of a WORKING connection (wired and wireless) to my network. I hope this helps:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : MOBILE-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : WOWWAY.COM
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : WOWWAY.COM
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Networking
Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-72-70-72-08
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::fc53:7bed:d342:740%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.18(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:00:04 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:00:03 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.233.219.99
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-69-25-CC-65
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::446e:ee7a:c569:cdac%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.19(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:59:09 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:59:09 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.233.219.99
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.WOWWAY.COM
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

This is occurring on a laptop that before about 2 weeks ago the wired connection worked fine (no wifi) and this happened suddenly over night.
Often when I see that statement, I suspect that an intentional or unintentional driver update (windows update) has replaced a working NIC driver with something less than optimal.
So probably your first step might be to go into Device Manger, expand network adapters, select then right click the problem adapter and choose properties, select the "Driver" tab from across the top and see if the option to "Roll Back Driver" is available. If so you should probably give that a try.
I believe I have disabled all anti virus and firewalls as well.
That is often an impossible task when it comes to third party Security Suite Software. I would suggest uninstalling any such software and additionally searching Google for the vendor specific and proprietary removal tool and then sticking with the Native Windows Firewall Product and installing MSE from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201
See if either of those two procedures help with the issue at all.

If not then we can always try doing things the hard way.....
On the problem Windows 7 Computer
Click the start orb and type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter
in the resultant window, select then right click your wireless or wired adapter (as appropriate) and choose properties
in the properties dialog box scroll as needed, uncheck the box that says "Internet Protocol Version 6"
select (highlight) Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the properties button
In the IPv4 Properties dialog box select the radio button that says "Use the following IP address:" and populate the three boxes as follows
IP address: 192.168.0.222
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 (should auto-populate upon hitting the tab key)
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Then select the radio button that says "Use the following DNS server addresses: and populate the boxes as follows;
Preferred DNS server: 64.233.219.99
Alternate DNS server: 64.233.206.99
OK your way all the way back out of there and see what happens.
To reverse what you've just done, just reset both radio buttons to Obtain ........ automatically and recheck the IPv6 checkbox.

I'm assuming with no response this fix worked for you, great.just piping in to let everyone know I get auto updates on Vista home premium and there were 14 updates last night, just a heads up.

Have not had the chance to work your solution yet, I will FOR SURE update when I've tried it here in just a bit.

Back