Windows 10 where i install softawre/games when i administrator

SHLOMIS1Z

hello frends ,
FIRST I WANT TO APOLOGIZE BECUSE MY ENGLISH IS VERY POOR - HOPE U UNDESTAND
i just now make a format becuse my child is infected virus my computer.
i have ssd 250 GB + hdd 1TB
and i decided to make the compute to administrator and all my childs to regulat user.
i am not sure where is the best place + (securty) to install a SOTWARE or GAMES .
i need to be a regular user and install OR i need to switch ADMIN and install them
please be specific - i want to understand (if u can give me a example)
MANY MANY THANKS

It's a great idea not widely in use to have one admin account and regular user accounts on systems. You don't need to install the games / software in any special place. C:\Program Files / C:\Program Files (x86) is secure enough and regular users will have no problem running them.

It's a great idea not widely in use to have one admin account and regular user accounts on systems. You don't need to install the games / software in any special place. C:\Program Files / C:\Program Files (x86) is secure enough and regular users will have no problem running them.
:trueluv:

thanks for youre answre , but i still did not understood : if i need to enter admin and install or do it in a regular user or its nevermind how to insall it ????
and another asking (;) ) my windows installeds on c:\ (i want a clean ssd without other program ) youre advice is always install on "Program Files (x86)" even if my win in c:\ ???

I appreciate youre help dude :) :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

thanks for youre answre , but i still did not understood : if i need to enter admin and install or do it in a regular user or its nevermind how to insall it ????
As your the admin simply install the games from the account you normally use. As the other users will have 'Guest' accounts they won't be able to make any changes to the computer such as installing or removing games.

and another asking (;) ) my windows installeds on c:\ (i want a clean ssd without other program ) youre advice is always install on "Program Files (x86)" even if my win in c:\ ???
Yes it's simply easier if you install to the 'C' drive. Just install the games to the default location, no need to change anything.

Hi

If you want to keep your C:\ drive clean...

This is just a suggestion, but it's the way I set up my computer.

I have Windows on my SSD, along with some basic stuff like CCleaner, Malwarebytes and other small programs like that that are easy to reinstall.

All of my games, graphic arts, film editing and other software is on my main hard drive.

It's very easy to do.

When I install software and it suggests installing in for example, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Game Install", I just change the first letter to D:\Program Files (x86) etc., the same with normal "Program Files" installations.

It will make the directories the first time you do it, you don't have to create them manually.

I also put all data files on the other drive.

The end result is that my C:\ drive is only about 100 gigabytes and can be backed up and restored in case of problems in only a few minutes, and if something happened that forces me to recover Windows all my other data is safe.

Windows doesn't really care where the stuff is installed, and it's really a lot safer then having your important files on a drive with Windows.

Of course I'd also recommend that you get an external drive and copy any files that you can't afford to lose to that drive as well, and then turn it off, even unplug it.

You never know what can happen.

I'm an example I've been hit by lightning twice!!!

I didn't lose anything except my computer, because I had everything backed up.
Insurance paid for the repairs but the important thing was that my pictures, music files and documents were all safe.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom