• ESET Smart Security/NOD32

Votes: 21 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 51 22.3%
  • Spybot S&D

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

Ciara

I used VIPRE Antivirus Premium for a year and found it very good and Ive a good mind to use it again on my new build late this year / early next year.

mardique

Right now, I have MSE but I might switch to Vipre with all the praise it's getting. I was using Avira before but since an update that almost f***** up my computer and half of my stuff (and I have over a Terra of stuff) I switched to MSE. BTW, does it matter if I delete everything in the Temp folder because MSE keeps finding something every five minutes and it also weights quite a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Comodo Internet Security. Mainly as I like it's sandbox. Also use Malware bytes combined I feel nice and secure.

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Comodo Internet Security. Mainly as I like it's sandbox. Also use Malware bytes combined I feel nice and secure.

MalwareBytes has by far the best detection rates of any anti-malware program today. I'm also a huge fan of Comodo Firewall and it's Sandbox & Defense+ functions.

zigzag3143

Honorable Member
Microsoft MVP
Strictly from a stability standpoint Microsoft Security essentials causes the least problems by far. Strictly in this area the ones to avoid are Symantec, Kaspersky, and Macaffee.

I dont use nor endorse any of the above personally.

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I use Symantec Endpoint Protection on a server where it's fine. The only AV I really won't use is AVG or Avast too many popups. I like to configure and then forget it's there.

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Strictly from a stability standpoint Microsoft Security essentials causes the least problems by far. Strictly in this area the ones to avoid are Symantec, Kaspersky, and Macaffee.

I dont use nor endorse any of the above personally.

MSE also has a small footprint on system performance, especially compared to AVG (which I'm only using until my current license expires).

I love the GUI of Avast!

JMH

AVG Anti Virus Pro continues on 3 laptops here.{ Thus far I can see no good reason to change.}
Combined with SuperAntiSpyware Pro & SpywareBlaster, a modem / router firewall etc no problems have ever been experienced over years of WWW activity.

catilley1092

Extraordinary Member
On my older installs, I use ESET NOD32 AV, which gives great protection, while not being a RAM hog. But their IS was too much for me to pay. Therefore, yesterday I installed Avast Internet Security, 3PC's for $29.99. In order to get it this cheap, I had to install the free version of Avast (I did this on XP Mode). After a couple of weeks, the 3PC for $29.99 showed up, and I bought it.

So far, I'm satisfied with Avast IS, I had to do a little tweaking for XP Media Center to get the lead out of it's butt, but it's OK now. I have a copy of Avast IS installed in Win 7 Pro x64, Vista Ultimate x64, and as already mentioned, XP Media Center. The installs on 7 & Vista went perfectly, I feel that I had issues on XP Media Center because the 32 bit OS cannot use all of my 4GB RAM.

I've used the free version of Avast from 2006-2009, prior to MSE's release, it served me well. Plus I've ran it in various VM's since then. For the money, 3PC protection for $29.99 is not bad at all. That was the same price that I paid for the 3PC ESET NOD32 AV. I wanted ESET Smart Security, but knew that I had no chance to get it for that low of a price. With 6 Windows OS's to maintain, I have to do the best that I can.

And I really no longer care to run free AV's, because most has paid counterparts that always leaves the best components out.

Super Sarge

I will continue to USE MSE, I have Kaspersky on a laptop but subscription runs out next month, I will then install MSE, it is a Vista 32 bit Machine

stevae

i have recently switched to avast, and i love it! much more complete and user friendly than avira or avg. this suite is excellent so far, and i wished i had decided to use it sooner.

Drew

Banned
1st, if you don't mind me saying so, Spybot S&D & Malwarebytes do not belong on the list of choices since they are not security systems but, rather, just utilities to look for & remove malware. That said...

The query doesn't really relate to Enterprise solutions & certainly, that's cool; better, really, than mixing the two, different enviornments into one question.

W/out going into a long bit here... I used, personally & for clients, Avast for years; went w/ One Care for a while; when I was beta testing Win7 for Microsoft tried 2or 3 things, Kapersky for 1, that were offered @ the time... anyway my Security System of preferred choice, both for me & my clients is, hands down, MSE.

I hear & see, certainly lately, issues w/ AVG (used to be, maybe, ok). Norton & MacAfee we all know are horrible.

As an aside & since such things were mentioned, for finding & removing malware... absolutely, Malwarebytes! Back in the days of XP, I used to mess w/ Spybot & Ad-aware but, now, wonderful Malwarebytes is THE thing to use. Though, remember, MSE does address both virii and malware.

I tried to keep it short, really I did :angel_smile:

Cheers,
Drew

Drew

Banned
That's cool but, MSE will work fine & well, regardless of the browser involved. & I still feel IE9 is 'cleaner' (less bundled stuff) & more secure than othe browsers.

As I said, I used to go w/ Avast & still think it is good but, w/ MSE the is no need to renew a license key annually as must be done w/ Avast.

Frankly, I view MSE as an 'Industry Standard'. For a free, uncomplicated offering, it is terrific.

Cheers,
Drew

tonyDucepec

I find ESET Nod32 very very effective in protecting my PC. I moved to McAfee recently, not because i found NOD32 ineffective. It was just a matter of getting a good package for my PCs. McAfee is now protecting my 3 PCs for the price of one. My computers are now virus free.

Drew

Banned
And then there is something as good & comprehensive as MSE & there is NO PRICE involed regrardless of how many machines it's protecting :D

Cheers,
Drew