Votes: 33 14.0%
  • ESET Smart Security/NOD32

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 51 21.7%
  • Spybot S&D

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
I used VIPRE Antivirus Premium for a year and found it very good and Ive a good mind to use it again on my new build late this year / early next year.

Right now, I have MSE but I might switch to Vipre with all the praise it's getting. I was using Avira before but since an update that almost f***** up my computer and half of my stuff (and I have over a Terra of stuff) I switched to MSE. BTW, does it matter if I delete everything in the Temp folder because MSE keeps finding something every five minutes and it also weights quite a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comodo Internet Security. Mainly as I like it's sandbox. Also use Malware bytes combined I feel nice and secure.

Comodo Internet Security. Mainly as I like it's sandbox. Also use Malware bytes combined I feel nice and secure.

MalwareBytes has by far the best detection rates of any anti-malware program today. I'm also a huge fan of Comodo Firewall and it's Sandbox & Defense+ functions.

Strictly from a stability standpoint Microsoft Security essentials causes the least problems by far. Strictly in this area the ones to avoid are Symantec, Kaspersky, and Macaffee.

I dont use nor endorse any of the above personally.

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection on a server where it's fine. The only AV I really won't use is AVG or Avast too many popups. I like to configure and then forget it's there.

Strictly from a stability standpoint Microsoft Security essentials causes the least problems by far. Strictly in this area the ones to avoid are Symantec, Kaspersky, and Macaffee.

I dont use nor endorse any of the above personally.

MSE also has a small footprint on system performance, especially compared to AVG (which I'm only using until my current license expires).

I love the GUI of Avast!

AVG Anti Virus Pro continues on 3 laptops here.{ Thus far I can see no good reason to change.}
Combined with SuperAntiSpyware Pro & SpywareBlaster, a modem / router firewall etc no problems have ever been experienced over years of WWW activity.

The 2012 beta is available now. AVG - Beta testing program
Tweaked UI and better performance.

(If you plan to use it, you have to download the internet security package, then put in your AV product key, that'll downgrade your installation)

On my older installs, I use ESET NOD32 AV, which gives great protection, while not being a RAM hog. But their IS was too much for me to pay. Therefore, yesterday I installed Avast Internet Security, 3PC's for $29.99. In order to get it this cheap, I had to install the free version of Avast (I did this on XP Mode). After a couple of weeks, the 3PC for $29.99 showed up, and I bought it.

So far, I'm satisfied with Avast IS, I had to do a little tweaking for XP Media Center to get the lead out of it's butt, but it's OK now. I have a copy of Avast IS installed in Win 7 Pro x64, Vista Ultimate x64, and as already mentioned, XP Media Center. The installs on 7 & Vista went perfectly, I feel that I had issues on XP Media Center because the 32 bit OS cannot use all of my 4GB RAM.

I've used the free version of Avast from 2006-2009, prior to MSE's release, it served me well. Plus I've ran it in various VM's since then. For the money, 3PC protection for $29.99 is not bad at all. That was the same price that I paid for the 3PC ESET NOD32 AV. I wanted ESET Smart Security, but knew that I had no chance to get it for that low of a price. With 6 Windows OS's to maintain, I have to do the best that I can.

And I really no longer care to run free AV's, because most has paid counterparts that always leaves the best components out.

I will continue to USE MSE, I have Kaspersky on a laptop but subscription runs out next month, I will then install MSE, it is a Vista 32 bit Machine

i have recently switched to avast, and i love it! much more complete and user friendly than avira or avg. this suite is excellent so far, and i wished i had decided to use it sooner.

1st, if you don't mind me saying so, Spybot S&D & Malwarebytes do not belong on the list of choices since they are not security systems but, rather, just utilities to look for & remove malware. That said...

The query doesn't really relate to Enterprise solutions & certainly, that's cool; better, really, than mixing the two, different enviornments into one question.

W/out going into a long bit here... I used, personally & for clients, Avast for years; went w/ One Care for a while; when I was beta testing Win7 for Microsoft tried 2or 3 things, Kapersky for 1, that were offered @ the time... anyway my Security System of preferred choice, both for me & my clients is, hands down, MSE.

I hear & see, certainly lately, issues w/ AVG (used to be, maybe, ok). Norton & MacAfee we all know are horrible.

As an aside & since such things were mentioned, for finding & removing malware... absolutely, Malwarebytes! Back in the days of XP, I used to mess w/ Spybot & Ad-aware but, now, wonderful Malwarebytes is THE thing to use. Though, remember, MSE does address both virii and malware.

I tried to keep it short, really I did :angel_smile:

Cheers,
Drew

That's cool but, MSE will work fine & well, regardless of the browser involved. & I still feel IE9 is 'cleaner' (less bundled stuff) & more secure than othe browsers.

As I said, I used to go w/ Avast & still think it is good but, w/ MSE the is no need to renew a license key annually as must be done w/ Avast.

Frankly, I view MSE as an 'Industry Standard'. For a free, uncomplicated offering, it is terrific.

Cheers,
Drew

I find ESET Nod32 very very effective in protecting my PC. I moved to McAfee recently, not because i found NOD32 ineffective. It was just a matter of getting a good package for my PCs. McAfee is now protecting my 3 PCs for the price of one. My computers are now virus free.

And then there is something as good & comprehensive as MSE & there is NO PRICE involed regrardless of how many machines it's protecting :D

Cheers,
Drew

Back
Top Bottom