Windows 10 Win 10 Freezing after startup

Removed. Nothing so far but like I said it usually is only on cold boots once a day. I'll KIT tomorrow AM. Not once have I gotten a BSOD just these lockups.

If you get anymore you may want to run memtest for a full day (Multiple cycles through all the tests) A corrupt page pool header could be due to failing memory and if it's just starting it may not be apparent from one pass on memtest.

For your viewing pleasure..
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {20, ffffc0017b736e08, ffffc0017b736f88, 9d185db0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys
Probably caused by : BHDrvx64.sys ( BHDrvx64+18d68 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Might just pick up a spare RAM for 40$ swap it out to see. Found a cheap 8gb on compatibility list for MOBO. I'll see how I feel tomorrow if it freezes again after the changes we have made. Thanks again everyone BTW.

The only other thing I noticed in your dumps was that your using a Razer product? If so does this mean your also running the synapse software? It's known to have issues so if your problems continue it might just be worth investigating.

Mouse is newer I have had synapse on in the past but removed it when I saw it could have been a problem. Errors mentioned today and freezing occurs with no synapse software.

Happier note booted few min ago to write this and no bug check on event. *Fingers crossed for tomorrow*

Hi Pagus,

Have you reinstalled Norton and checked if you get that BSOD again? Please let us know if you get when you have Norton on it, we'll look into it.
Thank you!

Praveen
Norton Support.

Been 3-4 days with no freezing after start up....So far Norton looks like it was the issue but I'm not going to jump for joy yet incase the freeze rears up again.

Norton Support. I have not re-installed yet. I have something like 175 ish days left on my sub but I want to see how this goes for rest of week before I tempt fates again.

Thanks for the update Pagus. Let's hope the issue is resolved but if not do post back.

Well had a few days with nothing and bam froze this AM on first boot of day. Nothing new was installed program wise. Maybe a windows update but I can't be sure.

Just some shots in the dark to see if I can fix. New nvidia drivers out so did a clean install in safe mode with Driver uninstaller. Disabled all MS windows 10 apps running in background. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Let's hope the freezing has gone but if not post and we'll take another look.

Ran sfc again:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

C:\Windows\system32>

Attachments

• CBS.rar
    174.9 KB · Views: 150
Hmm looked like a store component was corrupt. Try running DISM too:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results.

Sorry I never responded. I ran that right after I had a positive scan. Going on 2 days now... *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the update.. :) Post back if you should need to..

Came back a week or two ago. Less frequent. all drivers and firmware is current. Going to swap out RAM right after this post. I'll repost in a day or two with results.

Attempted 1 stick of 8gbDDR4 CMV8GX4M1AA2133C15 and it wouldn't post. Even with CMOS reset it was just looping. Put back in 8 of my 16gb RAM from previous specs listed. Booted normal at default settings.

Came back a week or two ago. Less frequent. all drivers and firmware is current. Going to swap out RAM right after this post. I'll repost in a day or two with results.
Hi Pagus,
try running these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

The new stick of RAM that wouldn't boot, is it on the compatibility list?

I've been running those scans after every freeze due to an error it found previous. Nothing has showed up since then. I'm running as I type now. *Passed with no issues*

New RAM was on official list of compatibility.

May be having issue with DIMM slot 1 since I just looked and it was only showing 4 of my installed 8gb. I Powered off and swapped DIMM 1 for another of the two I had sitting out for this test.

Now showing 8gb with original installed corsair memory in slots 1 and 5. I've passed hours worth of memtest with 4 sticks of corsair that where originally in. (I'll swap out for the 5th slot that I know to be working with stick in question later tonight to test if it registers)

Not sure if new stick of RAM is bad and one stick of old , or the more probable shoddy MB.

I'll give it a few days of running with this setup to test for freeze. If it does I'll look into new MB. This x99s sli is hit or miss based off of newegg reviews. Not a good impression as my first MSI MB. I usually go with asus or evga.

Back
Top Bottom