Windows 7 Win 7 HE - Help and Support; View/Help tab; F1 not working. Advice?

ctrek

Good day, all

I'm new here, and this is my 1st post.

What brings me here, is that the Start menu's Help and Support is not functioning. The same can be said, when I attempt to use the toolbar's Help/View Help. The F1 key is useless, as well.

I can't figure out what happened to the functionality of these all. For starters, I ran the sfc scan; it found no "integrity violations." At this juncture, I have no idea where to go from here. Recovery discs were made at the beginning use of my laptop. There were no OS discs included/packaged with it.

Mentioned somewhere, that I can't recall, is that Adobe Dreamweaver could be/have been the culprit. I uninstalled the program a month, or two, ago.

If it helps, I'm using Win 7 Home Edition 64-bit, on a 3-yr. old Gateway laptop w/4GB RAM. Have 220GB of free hard disk space (out of available 284GB).

Will welcome any assistance in getting me back on course, and thanks in advance.

Questions needed to be answered.......

1. Does this problem exist long ago or just recently ?
2. If recently, how long ago ?
3. Do you make regular restore points when everything was running smoothly ?
4. Do you do System Image Backup regularly ?

Questions needed to be answered.......

1. Does this problem exist long ago or just recently ?
2. If recently, how long ago ?
3. Do you make regular restore points when everything was running smoothly ?
4. Do you do System Image Backup regularly ?

Hi, David

I cannot recall using the Help and Support function before. However, I would use the View Help on occasion.
This occurrence of non-functionaly was just noticed, as every other item, when clicked, in the Start Menu works.
No, I do not make regular Restore points, nor a System Image Back Up.
I'm not too pc technical-savvy.

Back
Top Bottom