Windows 7 win 7 installation problem

sudh11482

I was using winXp service pack 2 ealier then i installed Win7 successfully. After that because of some virus problem i formatted my system and tried to install win 7 again,it is when i faced problem.Since then the problem remains same. I have again installed WinXp pack2 ,but i wanted to install win 7 again. The problem that I am getting is that every time I try to boot my DVD it shows following error:
Win failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disk & restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
3. Click Repair your computer.
If u donot have this disk, contact your system administrator or computer manufaturer for assistance.
File: \Win\System32\Boot\WinLoad.exe
Info: The Selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
The above problem continues to come even for the 3 new DVDs that I burned for the Win7.
I tried partitioning my system again, formatting , but to no help.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

It looks like you are not actually booting to the DVD. If the DVD is a legal copy and you have the bios set to boot to DVD first or you select the DVD to boot with an F key, it should boot to that DVD. And I do not know of anything, unless maybe a virus, would keep the DVD from booting.

Thanks for the reply..
But the same DVD i used first time and it was successfull installation. But once i formatted my system, i would nt be able to reinstall it even on the unpartitioned space.
The message i mentioned above is appearing just after the
black screen of "Windows is loading files....." and just before the "Blue Screen of Setup".
I unable to do anything since the setup options are not appearing....

need some more help from you...

Is this a desktop computer and do you have internal access?

When you reformatted, how did you do that? What are you using to repartition, and is this a dual boot setup with XP?

This is my Home PC. I did partitioning using Win XP's Bootable CD.
What do you mean by dual boot setup and upgrade disk?

Dual boot is having more than one OS on your system and being able to boot to either one.

Are you sure the original problem was a virus? Could it have been a failing drive or some other problem. If you are burning the Win 7 DVDs, where did you get the download?

I have not had what seems to be happening to you happen to me, but it seems your install is stuck in the repair situation. Since you are at a point where you do not have to worry about loosing data, you might try some things to correct your problem.

Perhaps get a new hard drive and start from scratch. If not, wipe your current drive to make sure it is clean and then start over. You can download a bootable partition manager, like Partition Wizard to redo the drive or some other wipe utility. There are some that you can get using Linux and boot to them.

As long as we are talking about it, have you been able to boot to any type of DVD recently? If you can boot to the XP media, you should be able to boot to the Win 7.

When you get to where you can boot the Win 7 DVD, use it to format and partition your drive. You might install without pre-installing XP just to test. If it works and you have already activated your Win 7 copy, Microsoft might let you keep what you have, but I am not sure the exact procedure when using the upgrade version of Win 7.

Back
Top Bottom