Windows 7 Win7 Freezes randomly

Hi,

well i found this forum site and am glad i did.

Been using Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 from the start and everything went fine.

Then i decided to add the LSI 9260-8i (Sata3) and 2 SLC Foremay Cheetah drives, at the time the fastest Sata SSD.

A few days later i had my first hang-up....coïncidence, i do not know.

Anyway freeze comes every day, so i guess it is my Asus board (wild guess), Asus P5E3 WS Pro.

Did remove my Bitdefender for a while, nothing changed. Did remove Office 2007, no change.

Only use IE 32bit on my 64 bit installation, no good.

Tried everything.....gave the computer to the seller who tested everything he could......hang-ups hang-ups.

Installed WIn 7 Ultimate since the RC1 lasts until end of the month and still freezing.

Installing all the lastest drivers, no good.

Installed Office 2010 BETA but cannot import my .pst files without freeze......

Maybe is should reinstall Vista and then try to put the 64 bit Office 2010, do not know.

So my question since no one knows a good answer to all the problems we have:

Can it be the Asus board?

Thanks

Hangup

Asus p5e3 ws pro

2x2gb OCZ 1333 mhz memory

Intel duo cpu E6850 3 ghz

Radeon 2600XT video card

LSI 9260-8i raid card

2 Foremay Cheetah 64 GB SLC drives Raid0

hi guys,

well since last friday, Windows 7 x64 does no longer freezes. Anyone else having this experience, i mean those who have/had problems like this before.

Could it be a patch was launched by MS?

Thanks

H

I would check my power setting and set them all to never and see if it still freezes. If not, then you know there is something hanging up when it goes to sleep.

finally problem was found...

I would check my power setting and set them all to never and see if it still freezes. If not, then you know there is something hanging up when it goes to sleep.

hi,

well hang-ups came back, finally i tested the memory (2x2gb sticks), meaning using one stick at the time.

One stick always caused hang-ups, but the good one also but less.

Changed the video card, no luck, finally changed the LSI 9260-8i card, running too hot, causing hang-ups frequently.

Now problems are gone. Had to install my older Adaptec 31205 card which works perfectly with the Foremay drives (but not with the older OCZ Core V1).

So when having 2 hardware problems it is hard to find, but it was not Win 7 that caused the problems.

Now i am waiting for my memory and LSI card to return, hopefully after that no more problems.

Just wanted to clear this out

Hangup

After completing the sixth round of ms v win7 last evening at nine pm it turns out it was my graphics card, we installed a new driver and it's been running fine up until around mid day today, I left it running whilst outside working and when I returned it had a message on the screen saying "windows has recovered from a unexpected shut down check for a solution when next on line" the ruddy thing was still on line and working perfectly, however I opened windows live mail and it too reported not being closed properly so this confirmed it had in fact shut down badly at some stage.
I would glad entertain the prospect of a power cut but if this had been what caused it the PC wouldn't have re-started with out me switching it back on, thinking it may be a setting in the power saving section I disabled sleep, hibernate and everything that would switch something off (even the monitor).
It had a fit and immediately went to 100% and after a couple of black screens and re-starts it's now running fine again, I'm praying that is the end of it.
One other thing, I use Iolo system mechanic and that won't install I just get a message saying installer has stopped working, the details report a event name as "APPCRASH", I contacted Iolo ad they sent a link to re-download in case I have a corrupt copy and it still does the same with that (hair is getting thin).
Hello again everyone

I am a member of several forums and find this to be by far the hardest to navigate.
Anyway! since we found that the problem was with my on board graphic adaptor not being happy with 64bit version and i had to uninstall and run the 32bit version and finding that 32bit would only see 2gb of my 4gb of memory I've bought a new card.
ASUS 1GB - HD - 4350 Silent - PCI-E 2.0 (x16) - 800MHz GDDR2 - GPU 600MHz - 80 Cores - D-Sub/ DVI-I/ HDMI
I bought Asus as my board is ans asus (once again I can't remember model), I've just been into the PC and it says M2N - CM DV on the board under ASUS
PROBLEM
I know I need to disable the on board adaptor but can find (after quite a lot of searching) nothing in the bios to allow this, I thought I'll just try it but after the boot up reached the "starting windows" stage it went to a black screen and had a three inch long progression bar running at the bottom.
It would sit like this for as long as i cared to leave it, I then plugged the monitor plug back into the onboard poert (after switching off of course) but all that happened is that it went straight to that black screen with the progression bar.
I've now obviously removed the card and at a stalemate with the PC, I want to get onto 64bit as I remember how quick it was when it was running on it before when it was locking.
Any advice would be appreciated.
From system info
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RICHARD-PC
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0111, 28/01/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Richard-PC\Richard
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.87 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.61 GB