Windows 10 Windows 10 freezes randomly

CRooY3

A couple days ago I installed a fresh Windows 10. Win10 Pro, latest version download from official Microsoft's web pages. After installation, I have updated the system with latest Windows updates. The system is fully up-to-date.

But, computer freezes randomly and I can't do anything except power off (turn off the power).

After that, I noticed it happens when system is online. If system is disconected from the network everything works normally.

I tried the same thing with both AirLive WN370 USB Wireless adapter and with LAN cable connected directly on router. The same thing.

Actually, computer freezes when network is active. While some period, Windows was connected to the network but with no "traffic" and have worked normally. Then I started downloading FIFA 18 with Origin and system froze.

While system was offline I tried to play CoD 4 (pirated, but I can't connect to my Steam/Origin account to download my games) and during playing the game there was no problem.

I tried the same with Windows 7 (with all updates). Same thing.

Here is my configuration:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 870K
MBO: ASRock FM2A88M Extreme+
GPU: Asus STRIX R7 370 4GB --- Latest Radeon Software 17.9.1. is installed
RAM: 2x4 GB Kingston 1600MHz KVR16N11S8/4
HDD: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
PSU: Corsair VS450, 80+

I tried some things to discover the problem:
- sfc /scannow
- HDD check with - Hard Disk Sentinel and HD Tune Pro
- RAM check with - mdsched.exe and Memtest86
- clean boot

There was no results. Everthing is fine according to them.

At the end. Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand me.

Hi,
does your system actually blue screen or is it just freezing?

Try running these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Have you changed anything recently or added anything new?

Actually, just freezing.

I have not changed anything. It is a fresh Windows installation and a issue shows since beginning.

sfc /scannow doesn't show anything

Second command gives me following:
The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

Second command gives me following:
The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.
As the scans were successful see if the freezing continues..

Try checking your event logs also what security are you running?

For security I have Windows Security Defender (or something like that, default app)

----

Data from Event Viewer

After boot, this error shows 2 times:
App Container profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register the AppContainer SID.

After that:
Running the CldFlt service failed:
The request is not supported.

And then these 3 errors: (Network is disconnected)
The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.

And the end:
Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.
Device is AAD joined ( AADJ or DJ++ ): Not Tested
User has logged on with AAD credentials: No
Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Not Tested
Local computer meets Windows hello for business hardware requirements: Not Tested
User is not connected to the machine via Remote Desktop: Yes
User certificate for on premise auth policy is enabled: Not Tested
Machine is governed by none policy.
See What's new in Active Directory Federation Services for Windows Server 2016 for more details.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Have you started using an application or browser extension that is new to your system?

You have to be suspicious of anything new or third party especially if it's network related.

When you installed the new version of Win 10 did you update your drivers using your systems support page? Make sure your USB drivers as well as network are the latest versions:
ASRock > FM2A88M Extreme4+

No, it is fresh installation and since beginning I have this problem.

I have newest drivers.

When you say you installed a fresh copy of windows 10, is this a clean install your meaning or an upgrade install?

Solved. CPU overclock was the problem. I have switched a CPU OC from Auto OC to Manual with default settings (3.9 GHz, 1.475V) and there's no problem anymore.

Solved. CPU overclock was the problem. I have switched a CPU OC from Auto OC to Manual with default settings (3.9 GHz, 1.475V) and there's no problem anymore.

Aah so you were overclocked... I should have asked really but anyway glad to hear your up and running again.

Back
Top Bottom