Windows 8 Win8 Shows connected to internet, but unable to load any webpage/app

Internet connection issues seem to be one of the more common faults as Os's progress.
I have to conclude that, in many cases, it is a confliction between Microsoft Oss and the hardware manufacturers, right up to the motherboard people. I have, on a regular basis, two laptops and two desktops in my home. I also have access to several other family computers. The component in my attached picture has been a default installation since, at least, Vista. I have from time to time encountered problems with connections. Without exaggeration, I must say that in every case, disabling this item has always solved the problem. I do not even bother to enquire what, exactly, it does. By default now, on completing a new install, I disable it. - works for me!

Net.png

Hi Neok:

This is quite a thread, and it appears you've moved on, but I noticed when you uploaded your IP configuration for Trouble to help you with there was a problem in your IP configuration:

**************************************************************************************************
Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C4-85-08-3C-79-6D
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d0d4:d30f:6b05:5b6f%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.105(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 29, 2012 10:38:13 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:04:19 PM

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 331646216
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-E4-93-FF-C4-85-08-3C-79-6D
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.42.47.67
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
*************************************************************************************************

I noticed that your DHCP lease obtained and expired 1 year ago! Your Posts were all in Oct.2013 this year. It seems that your CMOS real-time clock on your ASUS laptop is off by 1 year. This laptop is probably about 3-4 years old, and CMOS batteries can fail during that time. You need to resolve that problem and get the date/time corrected on that laptop. Since your DHCP lease has expired 1 year ago, you're never getting a new IP lease since it's after the Lease Expiration date of Oct. 30, 2012. That little problem can really screw up your networking and especially Wireless networking since it release heavily on DHCP assigned IP addresses.

As a test, have you tried MANUALLY assigned an IPv4 IP address to your Wireless Adapter? something like 192.168.1.104? that should be within the range specified according to this report. If everyting works with the wireless adapter then I am correct about the Lease expiration issue, and you can never properly get Internet access through DHCP auto-address assignment until you can correct the date/time problem with your netbook's CMOS clock! I've run across this once or twice, and it's a $5 fix for a new Battery. Unless of course you are unlucky like my one Customer I replaced their Battery for in their laptop, and the Motherboard still couldn't keep the date/time as the Motherboard circuitry was toasted. Assuming you don't have this problem, that should fix things for you. :teeth::fdance:

This is a really weird problem, but I have seen it twice and both times it was in laptops running wireless connections. o_O

If you decide to try it, please let us know the result so we can share the solution if it works with others here.

Good Luck, :clover:
BIGBEARJEDI

Sounds like you may possibly have a DNS issue perhaps.
Trying opening your browser and type this
into the URL address bar (not the search bar) and hit enter.
Let us know if Google loads as a result or not.

Hi, having the same problem but my browser does load the google search page once I type the IP address above. Still no relief. Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Hi, having the same problem but my browser does load the google search page once I type the IP address above. Still no relief. Any assistance is highly appreciated.
So, for now try assigning static values manually
Hold the windows logo key and strike the R key and type ncpa.cpl.
select then right click the network adapter that you are currently using and choose properties
select IP version 4 and click the properties button
near the bottom choose the radio button that says use the following DNS servers and type
and
OK your way back out of there and see if that helps

Hi all, I read this thread thoroughly since I've been coping with the exact same problem since I recoverd my Windows 8 (long story). In the end the solution was really simple:

Before the pc troubles I had Comodo installed (firewall). After the recovery of Windows 8 I was connected to the internet but I had no access to the webpages. Somehow my PC still found bits of Comodo and used it in the progress.

1. Go to your network and sharing center (top window)
2. Click on your connection and click on properties (bottom left window)
3. In the list 'This connection needs the following components' I had to uncheck 'COMODO Internet Security Driver' (bottom right window)

... I hope this will help others in the future.

Thank you for this! I had exactly the same problem: fine internet connection, pinging worked but webpages did not load. I read your post and went to check out the components listed under the properties of my internet conenction. Even though I have never had Comodo installed, I thought it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and have a look. In the list I noticed that 'OA helper driver' from 'Online armor' (firewall program) was checked. I unchecked this and kabam! My webpages loaded faster and more reliable than ever. I CAN NOT believe that a driver helper from Online Armor had been messing up my DNS, I thought I had finally found some decent firewall software which would not take up half of my processor and would work fine. Their driver is REQUIRED to be installed with the installation of Online Armor on windows 7 (which I have installed).

I'm going to go over to the forums of emsisoft and try to get the developers of Online Armor to pick up on this issue and debug it. Just to prevent other people with the same issue spending hours and hours trying to find out what's going on. I do not remember having troubles initially when installing Online Armor though, so I wonder why the helper driver did not interfere with DNS back then.

Had a similar issue with internet connection. All https pages load but not http websites. Tried everything but no luck. Finally noticed that my browsers were set up to use an automatic proxy. I guess it happened when I tried to connect to a secure network recently. Removed the proxy and everything was back to normal.

What sorted it with me seems to be (its been a few hours since I made the changes)...I've hunted for days about this similar issue to come up with a solution. I entered manual DNS settings of my ISP into my Tp-link TL4300 and it has solved all page loading issues which has only affected my new laptop loaded with win 8!? I have no idea why this would have made a difference. But hey, it seems to have worked so far...

If it is possible i'd like to know if my choice, legal or illegal win8.1 has anything to do with my problem.All the solutions written above me and my dad tried, the result nothing changed. I got a Samsung 3 series laptop, and multiple devices on our network at home. I got wireless connection but I am not able to do anything on the internet. I've tried to connect to the home-network of my friend. Same problem. Could u guys help me out?

I look forward to your answer(s)
Patrick.

ps i am sorry for my English, Netherlands 15 years old ;-)

If it is possible i'd like to know if my choice, legal or illegal win8.1 has anything to do with my problem.All the solutions written above me and my dad tried, the result nothing changed. I got a Samsung 3 series laptop, and multiple devices on our network at home. I got wireless connection but I am not able to do anything on the internet. I've tried to connect to the home-network of my friend. Same problem. Could u guys help me out?

I look forward to your answer(s)
Patrick.

ps i am sorry for my English, Netherlands 15 years old ;-)

Never use illegal software.

Last edited:
Never use illegal software.

well I know that but when i have to pay all the programs i use(d) I would have to pay at least a thousand Euro.
thanks for the reply, do you have also an answer on the quesion if it matters legal or illigal with this problem.

\ps al my drivers are up-to-date\

Last edited:
well I know that but when i have to pay all the programs i use(d) I would have to pay at least a thousand Euro.
thanks for the reply, do you have also an answer on the quesion if it matters legal or illigal with this problem
Sorry can't help you.

Back