Windows 7 Windows 7 Home Prem

Chuckywawa

My computer is an Acer laptop and it came with windows 7 home prem. when I bought it in october 2009. I have recently been having troubles with it and decided to reformat it. I don't think my computer came with a reformating disk so I used someone else's disk, but the key code on the bottom of my laptop won't work with it. I would like to know what I can do to get it to work. Is there any way to contact or to get my original version back on my computer so the key code will work?

If someone could respond to this thread as soon as possible with possible solutions I would appreciate it.

Most laptops have a reinstall procedure. Check with them, but perhaps there is a partition that can be accessed with this procedure that contains the restore images you need.

If not, you should have been given and opportunity to make a recovery disc to restore from. If you do not have one you should be able to order one.

You should have the option to create a set of recovery dics. Look through your programs list for something like Maintenance, Acer recovery dics and then follow pompts. You should also have the option to reformatt from the partion, that's where the OS is stored by itself. When rebooting try tapping the F2, F10, F11 or the delete key just before you get to the main screen. This should prompt you to reformat HD from the partitioned OS drive, factory image (D:)

Also preloaded OS's are OEM versions if your friends disc is a retail copy it won't work. You can go to Start/computer if it shows a D drive than you have a recovery partition if not call Acer for a recovery disc.

Back
Top Bottom