Windows 7 Windows 7/PC issues

mbadran

I had a virus a month ago and I decided just this last weekend to remove it. I installed Kaspersky and it failed telling me I had a virus and I needed to install their Virus removal team first. I did and it found a trojan/virus and told me I needed to reboot to remove them.

I rebooted and got my first blue screen of death. I restarted pc and it kept freezing at start up logo. I decided to use the first option, which was repair and it system restored it to previous day state and it worked. Then i rebooted a few times over next few hours and was fine until I did it one more time and same issue.

I formatted/reinstalled windows 7 and this time my pc would randomly reboot and give me same blue screen and only windows startup repair would fix it. Yesterday it worked fine throughout the day, playing Max Payne 3 and all and shut it down at end of night and then issue arose again this morning. Can't get into Windows normal. Just hang/freezes on Start Windows logo and repair just hangs during loading.

What is causing this and how can I get back in my OS? Safemode does not work as it freezes there too. Is this software or hardware related? This only started happening after I tried removing that virus.. But it cant be related to this because I have formatted/reinstalled windows 7 twice.

The last time the Startup repair worked, half way during the "Attempting repairs" process, I got a blue screen of death there too which said something like Executive system... or System executive.. I don't remember to be honest.

This only started happening after I tried removing that virus.. But it cant be related to this because I have formatted/reinstalled windows 7 twice.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you had and possibly still even have a nasty one. I have been baffled more than once at how some malware can survive an apparent format.

Given you current situation, (formatted and reinstalled twice, unable to boot normally, unable to boot safemode, unable to perform any repair functions) my suggestion would be to use something like How to erase hard drive by Active@ KillDisk? Low Level Format. there's a how to link at the bottom of that page which contains a link to a PDF user guide if you have any questions. Basically it overwrites the contents of the drive from end to end with zeros. This is one of the only methods to be absolutely sure there are no remnants still remaining on the drive.
Not sure what your current status is with respect to data backup? Hopefully you managed to have your critical data backed up prior to the onset of this problem but be aware that those same backups may also contain some remnants of the malware as well so be sure to have your Anti Virus / Anti Malware product inplace before attempting to recover anything from those backups. Generally my recommendation would be MSE from here Link Removed due to 404 Error but you've implied that you've already purchased Kaspersky and it doesn't get a whole lot better than that. The critical part is to make sure you are using the latest version of the software as well as the latest version of the signature database when performing your scans.
Regards
Randy

I had a virus a month ago and I decided just this last weekend to remove it.
What indications made you think you had a virus?

When you say you reformatted and reinstalled, what procedure did you use exactly? Did you just format the Windows 7 partition?

I agree with Trouble in that it is amazing where some viruses can hide. You may even have something on another drive, or flashdrive, or even another computer if you have a local network.

Before you try reinstalling again, you might check out the Bootable version of MSE. Maybe it would find something that would help lead to a final solution.

What is Windows Defender Offline?

I had a virus a month ago and I decided just this last weekend to remove it. I installed Kaspersky and it failed telling me I had a virus and I needed to install their Virus removal team first. I did and it found a trojan/virus and told me I needed to reboot to remove them.

I rebooted and got my first blue screen of death. I restarted pc and it kept freezing at start up logo. I decided to use the first option, which was repair and it system restored it to previous day state and it worked. Then i rebooted a few times over next few hours and was fine until I did it one more time and same issue.

I formatted/reinstalled windows 7 and this time my pc would randomly reboot and give me same blue screen and only windows startup repair would fix it. Yesterday it worked fine throughout the day, playing Max Payne 3 and all and shut it down at end of night and then issue arose again this morning. Can't get into Windows normal. Just hang/freezes on Start Windows logo and repair just hangs during loading.

What is causing this and how can I get back in my OS? Safemode does not work as it freezes there too. Is this software or hardware related? This only started happening after I tried removing that virus.. But it cant be related to this because I have formatted/reinstalled windows 7 twice.

The last time the Startup repair worked, half way during the "Attempting repairs" process, I got a blue screen of death there too which said something like Executive system... or System executive.. I don't remember to be honest.

I would suggest you to make a backup of your essential data and format whole HD. Put a fresh install of Win 7 and Good Antivirus viz. MSE or Avast!.

Some virus can attack the boot sector of your drive, these viruses survive disk formats.
From your description I have a feeling it could be one of these.

Try searching for a strong boot sector virus remover, if for some reason you cannot get your computer up, do a reinstall and scan the entire system with the boot sector virus installer.

Some virus can attack the boot sector of your drive, these viruses survive disk formats.
From your description I have a feeling it could be one of these.

Try searching for a strong boot sector virus remover, if for some reason you cannot get your computer up, do a reinstall and scan the entire system with the boot sector virus installer.

It turned out be the hard drive. I replaced it and works fine.

Back