Windows 7 Service Pack 1 close to release

The link I provided in my earlier for the Logitech Quick Cam 9000 pro is to software that works for all Logitech cams.

Below is a link to the Logitech C 250 it is the same software.
Webcam C250 <---------------------- link to software

Select full installer from the dropdown box where is says select file.

This software will include the latest drivers as well as the software you want.
It will also install Logitech Vid a, Logitech video messaging program similar to MS's Live Messenger.

All Logitech C series cams use this software, software version 2.10.1224.0.
Again this software works with all Logitech cams including builtin .

There is a strong possibility that all your builtin cams are Logitech products despite being called HP webcam.
Logitech supplies builtin cams for the notebook\netbook industry.

The above software works with my Acer Orbicam made by Logitech.

It can't hurt to install this software to try it.

It is free and you can uninstall it if it doesn't work.

What you describe in your last paragraph is Win 7 detecting the plug in cam and loading drivers for it.

You absolutely can download the software direct from Logitech.

See the link above.

BTW, if you right click the webcam entry under imaging devices in Device Manager and choose properties you can determine the manufacturer of your builtin cameras.
It is most likely a Logitech product.

Last edited:
Well as I already said you cannot download the Logitech webcam software from the web. It only gets installed after you update the driver and then you get the pop up asking you to install the video recording software.

But I have checked my webcams on all three Netbooks HP Mini 210 and on my two older ones it says the built in ones are HP webcam 50 and on the new one it is HP webcam. So they are definently not Logitech but I can of course use my Logitech plug in webcam as well.

But as I already mentioned the Logitech video recording software in which you can take photos as well only works with my plug in webcam. Not my built in webcam because the built in one is an HP webcam. It is quite common for laptop makers like Dell and HP to put their own cheap brands of built in webcam on their laptops,instead of the better ones. Maybe you are lucky because your laptop has a better webcam but as mine is an Netbook,HP have just put their own one in.

But there is free webcam software that you can use,it is just finding the right one. And although you cannot uninstall your built in webcam. As my friend tried on theirs and Windows just re installs it again when you restart your computer. But you can use a plug in external webcam as well if you want to. And this does not clash with your built in webcam.

Or you can just go directly onto a site like You Tube that supports recording from your webcam and just record that way. Although you can't save the video to your desktop unless you use a program like Real Player. And this downloads and saves the online video to your computer so you can upload it to other sites.

But it is nice to have a video capture program you can run from your desktop without having to go onto a video site. I found one free video capture program-SM Recorder http://download.cnet.com/SMRecorder/3000-13633_4-75332290.html?tag=rb_content;contentMain But after I installed the program,I found a lot of files on my C drive,so I am not sure if SM Recorder is suitable for a Netbook or not. Although the program did work but because it installed so many program files that may have taken up space in time. I uninstalled it,and I am using MyCam which I mentioned in an earlier post on this page,this works with both my webcams,my built in one and plug in one.

There is also Splitcam 5 which is supposed to record videos but there is no sound in the videos. And I wrote to them on the Splitcam forum and they just said they aware of the problem and are working on it. But did not give a time when it would be fixed. Which is not very helpful. And as I and other people cannot wait months for them to fix it. I am now using the old version of Splitcam-Splitcam 3. Which does not record videos and was never made for that,it just takes and saves photos and adjusts your webcam in different colors.

The new version of Splitcam-Splitcam 5, only came out a few days ago but they should not have put it out until it was working properly. But I am using the old version of Splitcam as that is working. There is free webcam software about, it is just finding it. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
You don't need a webcam or software to save Youtube videos. Play the video in IE then go into temporary internet files and find it it's usually the biggest file .flv and just copy and paste it where you want to save it.
Joe

You don't need a webcam or software to save Youtube videos. Play the video in IE then go into temporary internet files and find it it's usually the biggest file .flv and just copy and paste it where you want to save it.
Joe

I do not have IE as I have got rid of that web browser. But when I was using it,before I got my own computer in the Internet cafes. Where there,they had IE6, or IE7 and sometimes IE8. I do not remember being able to save any online videos directly in any web browser or IE.

So I downloaded Real Player which works in IE,Firefox and Google Chrome and it also has it's own built in web browser. So you can browse You Tube and other sites directly in Real Player without going onto a browser as well. With Real Player you can download and save any online video,and upload it to other sites.

There is also Download Helper a Firefox add on that you can also use in other Firefox based browsers. I do not have Firefox,I have got Pale Moon,which is an open source version of Firefox and I also have Safefox,also based on Firefox. Download Helper works in Pale Moon,Safefox,Mozilla Flock,SeaMonkey,Wyzo and any other of the many different browsers that are based on the Firefox engine. Download Helper can also download and save videos from the web.

There is also Download IT All, another Firefox plug in that will work in all of the browsers listed above, and it is like Download Helper.

There is also Miro video player which is a video player and down loader like Real Player, but uses bit torrent and it's browser is based on the Firefox engine. Unlike Real Player's which is IE engine based and Miro is also lighter on the system than Real Player.

So there are a lot of things you can do to save videos even if you do not have webcam recording software on your computer. But a lot of video sites do not give you the option to record from your webcam. But You Tube and Dailymotion and My Space and some others do. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
Well as I already said you cannot download the Logitech webcam software from the web. It only gets installed after you update the driver and then you get the pop up asking you to install the video recording software.
Yes you can. I just downloaded it.
Did you not see the 2 links I provided.
As a matter of fact I bet you can get similar software from Hewlett-Packard from their support site if the built in cameras are in fact made by HP.

I did got to the website since you last wrote. And yes, you are right. I was able to download that software, but it was the same one I was talking about. And it does not work with the HP built in webcam only my external Logitech one. The plug in USB Logitech webcam, I can use on any computer,I plug it into. But my built in webcam on my three Netbooks is definently HP, not Logitech.

And I don't think I can change this. But even though mine, and most laptops nowadays have a built in webcam,there is nothing to stop you using an external plug in webcam. Like the one I have got, and also, external webcams give better pictures than the built in webcams,I find. Andrea Borman.

Back