Windows 7 wireless wifi network failure...

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by BCraw87, Nov 15, 2010.

1. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

Yes sir, it is set as automatic, I actually checked that yesterday... :/

2. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

Question.. you know how microsoft and Geek Squad are capable of accessing your computer or laptop via damn I forgot the software names... grrr but Im sure you know what I am referring to. Is there any such software that could allow you to check my settings, simply to make things easier or... Just curious, thanks!

3. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Open network and sharing center, choose manage wireless networks and remove all the old profiles that are present (they're not doing any good anyway). What are you using for a wireless router, manufacturer name, model name, model number, rev. #number. You may want to use the manual reset button on the back (paper clip in small hole to press recessed button) to get that back to factory settings. Make sure that if you have PPPoE dsl, that you have the username and password to setup the WAN side of the router after the reset.

4. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

That is the problem... It states I have no wirelss networks... However when I plug in wired connection, it states the networks. At my gf's house, she uses a wireless Linksys wrt54g2 v1. At my house, I have a brighthouse (Cable company) router. The issue is, my laptop will not pick up a connection at any of my destinated networks... Therefore, resetting the routers might not be to beneficial... :/ tell me what you think

5. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter.
    Right click on wireless adapter and choose status then click the details button and use the snipping tool and attach to your next post.

6. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

Randy, I hope this is wha you were referring to..

Attached Files:

7. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Should look like this.

8. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

So based on that, it looks as I've said earlier, the Operating System is for some reason unable to enumerate any information regarding the device. Is that the built in wireless card and have you tried the New USB adapter. Is it doing the same thing? Double check services again and make sure that the Plug n Play service is started and set to automatic.

9. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

Yes Randy, plug and play is set to automatic and is started and yes I have downloaded all the software and drivers for the usb network adapter and still cannot receive any networks...:confused: This is rediculous cannot believe everything wireless would go caput... hmmm

10. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

This problem is not related to your network, router or ISP modem. You should be able to walk the laptop into the middle of the Mohave desert where there is no wireless signal anywhere around and the OS should still produce information in both those boxes, reflecting APIPA addresses due to the fact that it cannot communicate with a DHCP server. But the complete absense of any information reflects a more serious problem. Have you ran the system file checker utility just to see if that helps at all.
    Elevated command prompt
    type
    sfc /scannow

11. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

By elevated command prompt you mean run command prompt as administrator right???

12. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

If you have UAC enabled, then you have to right click the shortcut and choose Run as Admininstrator.

If you don't have UAC enabled, and you are an admin account, then simply open a command prompt.

13. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

What type of security suite(s) are you running on the computer?

14. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Kaspersky, zone alarm an others have NDIS filter settings that can cause this type of issues

15. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

Kaspersky Internet Security

16. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

I finished the command prompt test and it states "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.

17. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

Under my wireless network properties, I see a Kaspersky anti-virus NDIS 6 filter. It gives me the option to either uncheck it or uninstall it, which would you recommend?? Thanks Randy, I am hitting the sack so I will catch up tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and time!

18. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

#38 Trouble, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  19. BCraw87

BCraw87 New Member

You mean uninstall my ndis 6 port not the security overall right???

20. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Try the first and if still no joy then absolutely try the other. You need to make sure that you don't have a piece of software somewhere that is causing you these headaches. You can always re-install them later if that doesn't produce the desired results.

#40 Trouble, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010