Windows 7 Windows 7 wireless wifi network failure...

Question.. you know how microsoft and Geek Squad are capable of accessing your computer or laptop via damn I forgot the software names... grrr but Im sure you know what I am referring to. Is there any such software that could allow you to check my settings, simply to make things easier or... Just curious, thanks!

Open network and sharing center, choose manage wireless networks and remove all the old profiles that are present (they're not doing any good anyway). What are you using for a wireless router, manufacturer name, model name, model number, rev. #number. You may want to use the manual reset button on the back (paper clip in small hole to press recessed button) to get that back to factory settings. Make sure that if you have PPPoE dsl, that you have the username and password to setup the WAN side of the router after the reset.

That is the problem... It states I have no wirelss networks... However when I plug in wired connection, it states the networks. At my gf's house, she uses a wireless Linksys wrt54g2 v1. At my house, I have a brighthouse (Cable company) router. The issue is, my laptop will not pick up a connection at any of my destinated networks... Therefore, resetting the routers might not be to beneficial... :/ tell me what you think

Type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter.
Right click on wireless adapter and choose status then click the details button and use the snipping tool and attach to your next post.

Randy, I hope this is wha you were referring to..

Attachments

• 2010-12-06_21-00-24_0.jpg
    2010-12-06_21-00-24_0.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 416
So based on that, it looks as I've said earlier, the Operating System is for some reason unable to enumerate any information regarding the device. Is that the built in wireless card and have you tried the New USB adapter. Is it doing the same thing? Double check services again and make sure that the Plug n Play service is started and set to automatic.

Yes Randy, plug and play is set to automatic and is started and yes I have downloaded all the software and drivers for the usb network adapter and still cannot receive any networks...:confused: This is rediculous cannot believe everything wireless would go caput... hmmm

This problem is not related to your network, router or ISP modem. You should be able to walk the laptop into the middle of the Mohave desert where there is no wireless signal anywhere around and the OS should still produce information in both those boxes, reflecting APIPA addresses due to the fact that it cannot communicate with a DHCP server. But the complete absense of any information reflects a more serious problem. Have you ran the system file checker utility just to see if that helps at all.
Elevated command prompt
type
sfc /scannow

By elevated command prompt you mean run command prompt as administrator right???

If you have UAC enabled, then you have to right click the shortcut and choose Run as Admininstrator.

If you don't have UAC enabled, and you are an admin account, then simply open a command prompt.

Kaspersky, zone alarm an others have NDIS filter settings that can cause this type of issues

I finished the command prompt test and it states "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.

Under my wireless network properties, I see a Kaspersky anti-virus NDIS 6 filter. It gives me the option to either uncheck it or uninstall it, which would you recommend?? Thanks Randy, I am hitting the sack so I will catch up tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and time!

Try the first and if still no joy then absolutely try the other. You need to make sure that you don't have a piece of software somewhere that is causing you these headaches. You can always re-install them later if that doesn't produce the desired results.

Last edited:
Back