Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Installation "We can't connect right now"

mec1997

Hi,
I've been having the "We can't connect right now" problem for hours and no matter how hard I search the internet, I can't seem to find a solution. I am currently using Windows 7 (I was using Windows 8.1 PRO unactivated but thought that the problem might be associated with the current OS, so I'm now using another computer). I bought Windows 8 this morning and the first time I tried, it started to install but then stopped with this error. All I need is a Windows 8.1 ISO so that I can put it on a live USB to install on my computer. One suggestion was to do something with the Windows 8 Installer, but I only have a valid product key for Windows 8.1. So what should I do to fix this?

You will see that message if you are trying to connect to one of the special servers without the correct configuration.

Not sure which site you are trying to connect to, but you might try another one or use a computer that is using a Windows 8 install. It will not download a 8.1 .iso file unless you have an 8.1 license. There is a trick you might try which involves starting an 8.0 download and then cancelling and starting the 8.1 download. You should find the procedure in many forums.

Back