Marianna

Hello there.

I bought my laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed and when the 8.1 was out, I successfully upgraded to it. Then I read about the Windows Technical Preview, I installed it and saw that it is a very very buggy version, so I tried to return back to Windows 8.1. I have attempted to install it through USB, or hard drive partitions making them both bootable etc., but it always stucks at 93%. I run it as administrator, change the compatibility settings, remove any external devices, try everything but still the same issue. What can I do? I even tried 2 different iso files for Windows 8.1 Pro x64, all to no avail. Still the same problem. Please help me out as to what to do to successfully resolve this. I have searched for this issue and tried most of the advice that was given, but nothing worked for me.

Thank you.

Solution
Hello guys and thank you for your suggestions.

I went into my BIOS and changed some settings, such as "Disable secure boot" and something about UEFI and Legacy thing (it was set to only UEFI and I selected both UEFI and Legacy). After that, it enabled to boot from the USB with the windows 8.1 installation so I performed a clean install of it (had to re-download all of my applications and thankfully I have an external HDD of 1 TB, so all of my personal documents were not lost). Lenovo for some reason does not allow to boot from USB even if you change the priority thing, so I had to perform these tasks first in the BIOS settings.

Windows 8.1 Pro yayyyyyyy:

http://i.imgur.com/HIuJB6I.png

To answer some of your questions, my...
hey if i open the setup the following says like this:

Windows cannot open the required file G:\sources\install.wim. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

I am getting a problem like this :-
setup fail.webp

Back