Windows 7 Windows wont open

wildilwh09

Hello, this is my 1st post and I'm pretty young so if I do something wrong, i'm sorry.

Windows wont open, I will give you a guide to exactly what happened.

I bought a game from game.com "Just Cause 2". I needed to upload steam so i did. The game wouldn't work, I tried do UN-install it - steam and the game - but it wouldn't work. Came up with Direct X fatal error or something like that. I then shut my PC and slept

I woke up and this is what happened, and is still happening!!!

1) Press power button on my Windows 7 Acer Laptop
2) It comes up with starting windows c Microsoft Corporation
3) Black to blue then black screen very quickly
4) Then it comes up with a green white lined background "the usual one. With windows7 Home Premium And acer in the top right corner. And it flashes from that that total black screen and back again!
5) I press the power button and let go straight away it comes up with a waiting circle thing and a line of squares/shapes/circles e.c.t Then a plain black screen with a movable arrow.

I don't have no Windows CD, sorry. And I'm using my home PC

Lee 13,

P.S - Dont think I have any virus and i have a 64x Bit

Sorry, forgot to say, I have the option to click F2 which I did and am now scared as it look weird & confusing. And the same happens in safe mode.

Last edited:
Systems today have different F keys for different options, so we may not know exactly what options you have using the F2 key.

Do you have an option to Restore to a previous time. This will normally be an option if you hit the F8 key on boot and select "Repair Your Computer"

Anyway, let us know if you can get into a command prompt, or what options you are given to help.

Does ACER have procedures to restore your system from the hard drive or another media?

Attachments

• F8 Options.JPG
    F8 Options.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 262
  • Recovery Options.JPG
    Recovery Options.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 277
If you cannot boot either into normal mode or even into safe mode (F8) the your options are very limited. If you have no install or recovery dvd either then you can only try for a system recovery from the hard drive. If available this would set your system back to factory settings wiping any user data and installed programs. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY DATA ON THE DRIVE WHICH YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE. If you want to try it then try pressing Alt/F10 during startup to see if your acer recovery is available.

Back
Top Bottom