Windows 7 WMP 12 Stops Updating Library

Baldtire1

I had this problem with the RC and I had hoped it would stop when the final version came out, but no luck. I subscribe to several podcasts through Itunes and purchase music from Amazon, which all show up just fine in their respective folders in the Music folder and library. At first, WMP would update the library after downloading new material, but eventually it stopped updating. When I try "apply media information changes", it scans the library, but finds nothing new. I'm stumped, and open to the possibility that I did something stupid. Any ideas?

Is there a chance the music you are adding is protected in some way or not playable by Media Player?

No, it's all un-DRM music. When I first installed Win 7, it updated fine. But, just like the RC, it gradually stops. With one particular daily podcast, an episode appeared in the library, the next day I received the new episode, and it didn't show up and the previous day's was gone from the library. Weird, huh.

Do you use any other media players?

Did you check to see if the old podcast was still physically there?

Other that these, I don't see anything that would cause new media to not be seen. If you could pin it down to some event or file extension, it might help.

Back