Windows 7 Bluescreen - NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Even though I run Defender I still run the free malwarebytes everyday as viruses can sneak in anywhere and neither does it slow down your machine. Might be worth getting into the habit and also it could be why your machine has been acting strange if you have trojans onboard..

Next to HitmanPro I also have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (the free one) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Do you also use this? However I am not sure what could import those trojans. Like from GTA hackers maybe.. I dont know. Well today I also made 10 security items for my outlook 2007

I use Defender which comes with windows 10 and usually Malwarebytes Pro although my licence needs renewing so I'm just running the free version of Malwarebytes at the moment. I've never heard of or used Hitman Pro and if your still getting trojans I'd question it's validity as a security app.
I know it used to be the case that one, if careful on the net, could avoid the worst aspects but nowadays I would say that protection needs to be used 24/7 even if your careful. I'm like you and am very careful on what i click on and what sites I visit but even so I've still found the odd bug.

hi i just want to make a short reply.

it looks that i do not have bluescreens anymore. the only big problem, that i have now is, that there are rare moments, where my rom-drive disappears with no reason. it is not listed in the device manager and it just returns when i restart the computer. but it reacts, when i push the button on the rom device itself.

Try reconnecting the cables to make sure they are tight. How old is the drive?

phew.. the drive could be around 5 years old. cables seem to be all fine. also after restart everythign is fine.. just sometimes this happends.. it looks like it appears more when i plugin my external harddrive. also this mainboard has a longer boottime when external drive is connected. then after the windows logo, the screen shows lost connection for a few seconds until i am on screen. not sure if it is an too old rom device or its the problem with the external drive.. hmm

It might be worth seeing if you have any updates for Chipset/USB. Also some Drives can have firmware updates so thats also worth checking.
5yrs isn't that old really...

Hm, sometimes it still appears. I have the feeling that it happends mostly when I plugin my external harddrive or there is a context at least with that. Mostly I found out, that I reappears, when in the device manager, where it is NOT LISTED, I search for changed hardware.. then it appears again. But today also it didn't appear then. A restart helped. maybe it is really broke..

Did you check on those firmware updates i suggested? Also have you tried using a different SATA port or checking the cables?

I have installed the latest drivers because I downloaded them all and installed them for the mainboard instead of the ones on CD. The BIOS version was up2date too. I could try to check cables but since my computer is a bit stored, I cant do it right now. mmhm :z But as I remember the SATA cables were like they "click" when they are well in the slot, so they are always well plugged and not lose.

Edit: Ah, you meant firmware update for the DVD Rom. Well, I do not know which version I have installed. However, when I visit the LG website and click on the firmware download of my device model, then the it doesn't start a download and instead just opens an empty tab. Like a broken link.

Last edited:
I'd try plugging it into a different SATA port then Bob and see if makes a difference. Also have you checked the device manager when it disappears?

Back
Top Bottom