Windows 7 BSOD, impossible to start computer

fplacido

So on the other day, i was having some trouble with a usb memory stick of mine. I restarted my computer and i got a BSOD right after the windows is loading screen.
I have tried running chkdsk, boot repair, memory repair etc but nothing seems to fix it.
The code i get is:
STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80D86B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000)
For what ive managed to investigate, this seams like a drivers issue.. But i havent really messed with the hardware.
Any tips on how can i fix this?
Thanks in Advance.

Hi fplacido,
have you tried booting into 'safemode'? You'll need to press F8 when booting to call up the advanced boot options. Once you've got them up you could either boot into safe mode as suggested or try the 'last known good configuration' (which is basically like a system restore).

i have done all that.
I think i can say im quite an experienced windows user. But not so good dealing with bsod lol
Some friend refered me to this forum and said i would probably get some expertee help in here, since i think this is way above the experienced user.
Thanks anyway :D

You could always re-install 7 using the 'upgrade method as that would keep your files and folders intact.

Oh and yes you will get help here but sometimes it can take more than one post before the solution is found.. :)

You could always re-install 7 using the 'upgrade method as that would keep your files and folders intact.

Oh and yes you will get help here but sometimes it can take more than one post before the solution is found.. :)

Hehe thanks, i wasnt expecting that to happen or i would feel quite stupid myself :D:D
Well i tried to do that, but i get a message saying i should start my computer normally and then proceed to upgrade. The problem is i cant start my computer normally. Anyway to bypass this? that would be the perfect solution. I would have some time to makes some backups etc, and then format it and freshly instal it.

You could always use DOS, but that's sort of the hard way because you have to boot from the CD and repair it using cmd.

If you change the boot order so it boots initially from the 7 disk then you should be able to go ahead and perform the install we discussed..

But I have done that, and when i reach install and pick upgrade, it tells me i should restart the computer without the disk, enter windows, and then insert disk and pick update.

I meant to use DOS to move all your files to an external drive, which I don't really know.
You could get a DOS for dummies book for somewhere around 5 bucks (I know right?)
but i wouldn't really recommend it because you can easily screw it up, DOS = cmd in Windows.
Heh, it should be around Medium Level Difficulty since most people don't still have or have used Windows 1.0 or 3.1 .

Hope this helps

have you tried running the System Recovery Options from the installation disc then use a system restore point and if so what was the result ?

1. Boot to the System Recovery Options screen.

2. Select the System Restore option. ?

Last edited:
But I have done that, and when i reach install and pick upgrade, it tells me i should restart the computer without the disk, enter windows, and then insert disk and pick update.

Hmm.. To be honest I would have reformatted by now as I back everything up to either DVD or a spare HDD. Would the data loss be too much in this instance? If not, reformat and get your machine running again.

have you tried running the System Recovery Options from the installation disc then use a system restore point and if so what was the result ?

1. Boot to the System Recovery Options screen.

2. Select the System Restore option. ?

Well thats what i found weirdest. the system restore was deactivated. I know, stupid mistake.But if its drivers related, when im on the instalation cd, i can choose some drivers restore thing, but it asks me for a file i dont have.

Well thats what i found weirdest. the system restore was deactivated. I know, stupid mistake.But if its drivers related, when im on the instalation cd, i can choose some drivers restore thing, but it asks me for a file i dont have.

do you have any critical data files that you cannot replace , and if yes are they on the system partition ?

do you have any critical data files that you cannot replace , and if yes are they on the system partition ?

You mean files that are important to me? Well lets say id rather spend one full week trying to repair it then actually even considering making back up of everything.

You mean files that are important to me? Well lets say id rather spend one full week trying to repair it then actually even considering making back up of everything.

well you can recover any personal data using a linux livecd then reinstall windows but if you want to continue trying to debug your original install perhaps try running sfc /scannow from within the windows PE environment ?

have you tried booting to safe mode by holding the F8 key then remove all your drivers in control panel and set a minimum boot in msconfig ?

Last edited:
well you can recover any personal data using a linux livecd then reinstall windows but if you want to continue trying to debug your original install perhaps try running sfc /scannow from within the windows PE environment ?

Windows PE environment? Whats that? :D Shouldnt I run that on the command line?

Back