Windows 7 BSOD when watching videos

RYTAC11

Hi everyone!

I constantly keep getting BSODs and they are all centered around watching video (namely, Youtube). The BSOD does say something about my video driver. I did check and it shows my display drivers are up to date. I have had this laptop for about 6 months and did not start seeing these issues until about a month or 2 ago.

My laptop is an ACER Aspire 7551G-7606, running W7 64 bit system, with an AMD Radeon HD 6470M video card. All updates have been completed.

I have attached my minidump file, so someone with a little more education on these issues can possibly tell me how to fix it.

View attachment 122711-26941-01.rar

If there is any other information needed to analyze these issues, I will be more than happy to get that for you.

Thanks!!!!!!!
Ryan

Hello and welcome to the forums.
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

Back