Windows 7 Certain programs won't connect to the internet

Hi Please change your attitude. @Sandbox No one is doubting or challenging your knowledge. The OP said they just down loaded MBAM a couple of days ago. Lets wait for the OP to answer if MBAM up dates and runs!;)in safe mode!

It just finished and didn't detected anything. I'll download, reinstall, try to update, and run it again.
If you are clean. No need to run MBAM again. What issues are you still having??Did MBAM up date?
If not try my down load of MBAM and see if it will update! I'm not understanding not being able to update MBAM???

:up: do that yes oldum is goin to try to re install malwarebyte and then try to update wich is the issue .... I understand (holdum333) but please you giving him advice and you still don't know what the issue is after all this conversation and advise that you give, I am a bit confused now, I'm only trying to help them read the post I cant explain to you what the issue is

the original issues wore that three or four programs out of the whole PC can't update or use the Internet that's the issue that we have on hands now which includes malwarebyte

Last edited:
MBAM didn't update. I'm still getting an error saying that it is unable to access the update server. And I'm still having the same issues with the other programs that I originally listed. Yeah, this is completely strange to me. It was working fine about a month ago and then one day I noticed that my TeamViewer wouldn't connect anymore and have been trying to figure it out ever since. :crying:

just make sure that after you uninstall malwarebyte do a reboot before you reinstall it then check your updates

ok i have asked some people from malwarebyte and they sayd if you like you can try the malwarebyte removel tool and then do a clean install let me know as soon as you can

I'm using AVG free. I've used the remover tool to complete a clean install, disabled my AV, and it still won't connect to the update server. I'm running the scan for corruption now.

MBAM didn't update. I'm still getting an error saying that it is unable to access the update server. And I'm still having the same issues with the other programs that I originally listed. Yeah, this is completely strange to me. It was working fine about a month ago and then one day I noticed that my TeamViewer wouldn't connect anymore and have been trying to figure it out ever since. :crying:
teamview wont conect from your side or the other party how are you figuring this out explain please

teamview wont conect from your side or the other party how are you figuring this out explain please

It won't connect from my side. It gives me an error stating "Not ready. Please check your connection," which led me to believe that it was a proxy issue but I've set the computer up for no proxy.

someone keeps swiching the post ok some of my questions are not here but someware else ?
Anyways I've spoken with some people from Malwarebytes and they have suggested if you want they I can give you a link to Malwarebytes removal tool then reboot and restart I've posted this earlier but it's not on this pages and beats me but anyways let me know

Another question I want to ask you have you ever gone to the firewall and change some settings for inbound and outbound

I used the MBAM removal tool and did a clean install but it still won't update. I am familiar with changing the firewall inbound and outbound settings.

It is very odd if the majority of the programs warrant not working and then I would lean towards a virus a Trojan or any malware at the fact that everything works only three or four specific programs don't work it's very odd if feels like it has something to do with some kind of settings on your operating system have you tried disabling all the items on the startup and the antivirus and window defender just to try and then tried to see if any of those programs work

It's quite possible that there are more programs that don't work. Those are just the ones that i'm aware of currently. Yes, I've disabled the items on startup/anti-virus/defender and they were still not allowed through.

Back