Windows 10 Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Hi John,
for some reason your dump files are causing the debugger to crash. Please run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Please just check your settings are as they should be:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Urm...

Untitled.jpg

lol forgot Dism doesn't really work for win 7 so apologies there.. Something clearly is not right with your machine as the Intel gpu will not accept any driver even though they are pulled directly from your support page.
You could try contacting Dell support although ideally you really need the machine looked over by a IT technician.

lol forgot Dism doesn't really work for win 7 so apologies there.. Something clearly is not right with your machine as the Intel gpu will not accept any driver even though they are pulled directly from your support page.
You could try contacting Dell support although ideally you really need the machine looked over by a IT technician.

I was thinking about taking my laptop to an IT repair shop, you know, the kind that is run by Indians, and see if they have a cheap 2ndhand video card to replace the Radeon or something. What do you think?

If I contact Dell support they will probably charge me an arm and a leg just to send a technician over since the warranty is long over. I might as well save that money for a new PC.

I was thinking about taking my laptop to an IT repair shop, you know, the kind that is run by Indians, and see if they have a cheap 2ndhand video card to replace the Radeon or something.

If you feel that these guy's could help then sure give them a call :)

Back