Windows 7 Error with laptop booting please help!

jkane0187

Hello,

I am having an interesting predicament with my Asus UL50VT Laptop I bought about 2.5 months ago. Just today, when I returned home from class I found my laptop with a black screen and a blinking cursor in the upper-left corner (like a command prompt). I could not type anything into it however. I am able to boot the computer using Asus' Express Gate they put on my computer. In this I am able to view photos and listen to music from the both hard drives on my computer.

Earlier today, I accidentally left the laptop on for about 45min in my backpack in class (forgot to hit the sleep button) which caused it to get reasonably hot. After I realized this and put it to sleep, I brought it back to my apartment. I was then able to unsleep it and watch a movie and do homework with no problems. I did not return it to sleep before my 2nd class where the problem occurred during.

The issue is when I boot it normally it will show a brief Asus screen and then go right to the command prompt-type window again. I am able to enter the BIOS, but am not able to start the computer in Safe Mode.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening or know what a solution may be? If you need any other info I can provide it for you gladly. Thank you in advance for your consideration with this problem I have been having.

Have you tried changing any of the settings for the Express Gate in the bios?

Have you tried updating the BIOS? It could also be possible your MBR is damaged...
Is the Asus UL series one of the smaller notebooks lacking a DVD drive? If not, go here to download a Windows 7 Repair Disc, and burn it to a blank DVD, boot from it on the computer and run startup repair.

Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files

Alternatively, if you don't have a DVD drive, you can use a USB pen drive.
Install Windows 7 From USB Drive/Pen Drive
(In that tutorial, change the installation files into the repair files, follow same procedure)

I Hope this helps :)

Back