Windows 7 Games that Work and Games that Don't.

Starcraft problem

Everytime I load Starcraft on Windows7 the graphics are bad until I play the game then only the background water scene is wrong. I only get the problem with other windows os when focus is taken from the game, via Avast! updating...

Everytime I load Starcraft on Windows7 the graphics are bad until I play the game then only the background water scene is wrong. I only get the problem with other windows os when focus is taken from the game, via Avast! updating...

simply disable avast notifications popups

• CoD2 works! (first it crashed when i entered an online server)
xp sp3 compatibility mode
running as administrator
no visual themes
also i had to set the affinity to 2 cores.. because i had lagspikes. Now it's fine ! :)

• NFS Shift works.. sometimes some fps drops, especially when there are many cars on screen. :confused:
xp sp3 compatibility mode
running as administrator
no visual themes

Coduo

I found a means to get CODUO to work on Win7. Install on any 32 bit os on one drive labeled "C", on the another drive (lebeled whatever you wish) load Win7. Access the game from there "7" and go to Multiplayer Options and enter your key and you can now play.

do any star wars games work????

i was wondering if any of the star wars games work on windows 7????
such as:
battlefront 1 and 2
kotor 1 and 2
jedi academy
jedi outcast
republic commando
empire at war

also do any of these other games work?
such as:
half-life 1
call of duty 1
elder scrolls4: oblivion
age of empires 1, 2, 3 and of the expansion packs
halo 1 and 2

if someone could let me know that would be great!

i was wondering if any of the star wars games work on windows 7????
such as:
battlefront 1 and 2
kotor 1 and 2
jedi academy
jedi outcast
republic commando
empire at war

also do any of these other games work?
such as:
half-life 1
call of duty 1
elder scrolls4: oblivion
age of empires 1, 2, 3 and of the expansion packs
halo 1 and 2

if someone could let me know that would be great!

I've have seen or got all of them running

Provided you do your homework and get all the correct drivers then yes...(Kotor 1&2 need a fixed dll file which I mentioned in post in the games sections).

Working like charm on Windows 7 RTM 7600 x86

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Devil May Cry 4 (DX10)
Resident Evil 5 (DX10)
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin
Halo 2
Step Mania (WTF)
and the most old game i have

DEUS EX 1 (With a DX10 patch)

Basically for me, All the Games For Windows - LIVE games work for me. Like Halo2, Kane&Lynch, Universe at War, Gears of War and 007.

Call of Duty 4 and 5 installed just fine.
Lord of The Rings Online Installed just fine.
Starcraft & Diablo II: LOD installed just fine.

They run great and have had no problems.

I downloaded: Burnout: Paradise The Ultimate Box from fileplanet.com. Installed and updated just fine. When I go to start the game it hard locks while connecting to the EA server.

One other thing to add. Xfire still messes up the graphics in Starcraft. I know this does the same thing on XP and Vista in both 32 & 64 bit. The issues continues in W7 :(.

If anyone wishes to contact me VIA xfire add: xniax1

when i try and play warcraft the screen goes smaller and it was on the highest reso
some map couldn't be found

my list

Working on Windows 7 :
Resident Evil 5, Far Cry, Crysis

Don't working on Windows 7 :
Halo, Call of Duty 4

I have the RTM version of 7 x64, i believe it's build 7200, correct me if i am wrong. But here's a listing of games i have tested so far that don't work:

Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Gears of War, Section 8, Far Cry, Timeshift, Half-life 2 Beta

They all install, but won't launch.

Now for the games i have installed and worked:

Halo 2 (has some texture issues, even at the highest settings possible), Dead Space, Ghostbusters, Prototype, Borderlands, Portal, NFS Carbon, Far Cry 2, Lost Planet, Red Faction Guerilla, Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, and Frontlines Fuel of War.

Back