HDMI with HDTV

Hi,

I just purchased a new HDTV & connected it to my desktop w/ a HDMI cable ( the connection is via a splitter, one input to monitor the other to the TV ). Everything seems to be working but when I look @ playback devices it shows the TV that was previously connected as the one currently detected. There is no indication that a new device was connected. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Josephur

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
What kind of splitter are you using? It's possible that the splitter isn't allowing EIDI information to be correctly passed to your PC. This info contains the model/make of the HDMI device so the PC can keep track of it. Without that information Windows might be confused or may list it as a generic device.

What kind of splitter are you using? It's possible that the splitter isn't allowing EIDI information to be correctly passed to your PC. This info contains the model/make of the HDMI device so the PC can keep track of it. Without that information Windows might be confused or may list it as a generic device.
The splitter is a ViewHD 2Port HD Amp Splitter. It must allow info as the playback device has the name of the previous TV. Is it possible that it can't change the name? As I said, it is working. Thanks.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.