Windows 10 I ditched Windows 10 TP 10049

brkkab

Excellent Member
I ditched Windows 10 TP 10049 lasr night for good. It's really beginning to appear to me that Microsoft has lost it's focus, since 2015 got here. The 2 builds of Windows 10 have both had bug's that really shouldn't be there. Mail, Calendar & People haven't worked on either without the end user doing a search on how to fix them and then run a administrative PowerShell command to remove them and then go to the store and reinstall them, to get them working. Sorry, Microsoft, but instead of releasing new features first. How about making sure you're own old app's work first. The Store Beta app, absolutely suck's and fails to download/install any updates. Now I hear ProjectSpartan is going to be the default browser in the next build they release. Great, so we're basically being stuck with a updated version of modern version of IE, that no password managers, ad-blockers, etc. work with.
No thank you Microsoft, from what I've recently seen, Windows 10 truly isn't a upgrade on any desktop or laptop. It's a downgrade, so far.
SLI & Crossfire won't work and if you enable them, you're monitor stop's functioning. Funny how AMD & NVidia have no driver's for 10 and Microsoft give's us generic one's that don't work.
I'm not at all interested in the Xbox app. I have no plan's to get a Xbox One, just to play mediocre looking Xbox games on my pc. I'd rather play pc games, that actually uses my hardware's potential.
Wow, they dropped Xbox from the Music and Video app's. Big dal, both still suck compared to WMP 12 and WMC.

Yep...I'm with you. I ditched 10 as well. I got sick and tired of the driver issue of installing, uninstalling and reinstalling both audio/gpu dirvers over and over and over and with the current list of bugs with the last 2 builds, that was enough for me. I'll wait until there is a stable beta of 10 and only then will I consider running it again. I just may wait until GR for 10.

I very well may be ditching Microsoft all together. Especially, seeing as I turned off auto-renewal for Office 365 numerous times. Someone, obviously at Microsoft re-enabled it each time I disabled it. It's not any form of a business account. It's my account. Nobody, I know has any of my account username's or passwords.
Yet, Microsoft overdrew my bank account for $100.00 for something, I don't use or have on anything. This is after repeatedly returning off autopay on everything Microsoft.
They really need to fix the current problems with everything, before adding new features, that mess things up even more.
Even though 10 is going to be free for me, so far I see no reason to install it. As it stand's, so far it's a downgrade in most area's. In the area's it isn't, I've already had the features in both 8 & 8.1, since 8 was released. Sorry Start8 is way better & more customizable than Windows 10's start menu. ModernMix runs the few modern apps I use in resizable windows on the desktop.
WMP in 10, is still 7's WMP 12. No updated version in site.
WMC, I'll guarantee will still be Vista's WMC. It's been the same one in Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1.
Cortana's speech recognition isn't the best. I know this from my 2 Lumia's before I sold both of them.
ProjrctSpartan, so far is just a upgraded version of modern IE. Neither can use any addons, like WOT, AD-Muncher or any password managers.

I've really lost interest In Windows 10. Besides the bugs it's not close to being finished. Windows 7 and Windows 8 were much more polished in their trials. I don't understand why MS won't supply a simple ISO for new builds instead of forcing the upgrade mess. I prefer a clean install over an upgrade.
Joe

Yes, I fully agree. 10 was actually better in October, 2014 than it is now. It's like they're actually moving backwards with it lately. The motto appears to be let's release new features and screw the bug's with our own app's that should've never existed to begin with.The universal app thing is truly a joke, as most developer's have ditched Windows.
I have one program I can use as reference here. When I did have my 2 Lumia's (521 & 1320), they're was a program/app called Collector that was highly regarded by users & magazines. Over time it started getting buugy in certain feature's. There was a way to report this to the developer, which I did. The response, I received was that they didn't have the time or effort to waste fixing it, as they're more interested and make more from Apple & Google.
Since then it's supposedly one of the universal app's and all the lame bug's are still in it. The app basically doesn't work.
After the crap with Office 365, I don't think I'll be using anything from Microsoft, once my Bitdefender subscription run's out in February.
I'm not renewing my Xbox Live Gold subscription next month. I only play 1 game on it, only because there isn't a pc version of it. I'll just save $59.99+ a year not purchasing it.
As far as WWE Network, I can get a blu-ray player for my tv and get that with just the WWE Network subscription. No Microsoft monthly/yearly paid subscription needed.
Now Microsoft wants everyone's attention on Windows 10's 2016 update. That's probably going to be where Windows becomes subscription based, just like everything else Microsoft.
Ubuntu is actually looking better day by day. Steam Games work or are beginning to work in it. AMD & NVidia have video card driver's for it.

It very well may be that Microsoft ditched the wrong employee's in their layoff's and kept the one's that should've gone.
I'll never forget when they did they're January 20 0r 21st online event, I let a few friend's watch it. Every one of them had the same comment. The only person that appeared to know what he was doing, made any sense or was worth listening to, was Joe Belfiorre. The rest didn't belong om any stage, especially with a microphone, that was turned on.
Just like they want everybody to buy a Windows Phone, yet they don't have a flagship anymore. The Nokia Icon wasn't the flagship. The Lumia 152 was. Funny how Microsoft & AT&T both discontinued selling it.
No supposed flagships until 10 get's released. Anyone care to place bet's on it not being a true flagship?
Microsoft is more interested in low-end devices and as times goes by, they're getting lower end.

Last edited:
Have you figured out what the $100 bank charge is for? That's worry some to me autobilling. Could it be for some app from the app store?
Joe

I hate stuff with auto-renewal. Some of it is next to disable in the software Have you contacted MS directly to make sure it is canceled?
Joe

Nobody has my account info other than Microsoft & I. Any guesses on who repeatedly re-eanbles, what I constantly disable ? It sure isn't me doing it.
Personally, Microsoft need's to fix all it's online bugs, etc. before worrying about 10.
All the various Store, Windows Phone Store, Xbox Live, Xbox Music & Xbox Video crashes have been due to their site's being hacked. It's all been happening since November, 2014.
Yet, everything they want us to here, claims how secure they are. We brought down this botnet, yet MSE & Windows Defender have both miserably failed any antivirus test that have been done on them, for over 1 1/2 year's now.

No way on their site to contact them. Now my bank will temporarily give me my money back and then regive it back to Microsoft, when they dispute it.
Personally, I think I'm closing that bank account and going elsewhere. They won't have the chance to dispute anything.

Back
Top Bottom