Windows 7 If I rebuy Windows 7 Home Premium will it have service Pack 1 already installed?

wdrbbq

I bought this Acer Aspire laptop new in 2009. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have exhausted all possibilities of installing Service Pack 1. I've tried directly downloading it through Windows Update several times and I just finished unsuccessfully installing it by downloading, burning a dvd and then running that dvd using NTI Media Maker 8 as suggested at the Microsoft Download Center. I've run the diagnostic tools as well, prior to trying to install it. Nothing works. Between downloading, installing, failing to configure, and reverting changes, we're looking at three hours per attempt before I can use it again.
The problem is that in order for me to access a secure network so I can do my job, I must have Service Pack 1 installed. Also, I can't install a version of Internet Explorer higher than version 7 unless SP 1 is installed.
Hence the question: If I re-buy and reinstall Windows 7, will it come with SP 1 already installed? I've given up trying to install it by itself and will spend the money to re-buy something I already have if necessary. Thanks.

Have you checked for any malware in your system. Download and install malwarebytes antimalware and see if it finds anything
Best to scan in safe mode.if anything found there deleted.then try again
You wasting money to buy another wind. Just for that.
You can also open cmd as administrator and type on: sfc :/scannow. If errors found it will sort them out and reboot will be required. Hopefully you will be able to sorted after these steps mate.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

@wdrbbq,

1. Use the following link to download Windows 7 SP1 iso file:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/
scroll down to
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-U ISO

English x86: X17-58996.iso
English x64: X17-58997.iso
Note : x86 means 32-bit while x64 means 64-bit. Make sure you select the one your computer is now using.

2. Once it is downloaded, use the following tool to burn the win 7 iso file to a bootable DVD.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

3. Once you have a bootable DVD created, you can use it to install Win 7 Home Premium SP1 to your computer.
Note : you should back up all the files you wish to keep before you start installing.
You will be asked to enter the product key. Use the same product key that comes with the computer.

@wdrbbq,

1. Use the following link to download Windows 7 SP1 iso file:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/
scroll down to
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-U ISO

English x86: X17-58996.iso
English x64: X17-58997.iso
Note : x86 means 32-bit while x64 means 64-bit. Make sure you select the one your computer is now using.

2. Once it is downloaded, use the following tool to burn the win 7 iso file to a bootable DVD.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

3. Once you have a bootable DVD created, you can use it to install Win 7 Home Premium SP1 to your computer.
Note : you should back up all the files you wish to keep before you start installing.
You will be asked to enter the product key. Use the same product key that comes with the computer.
Thanks, everyone but

thanks, everyone, but I just want an answer to a simple question: If I re-buy Windows 7, will it come with SP 1 already installed? This is a yes or no question.

1. I was trying to save you money by showing you a way to install Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.
It costs you nothing except a few hours. However, if you insist..............

2. Please explain what do you mean by "re-buy".
Re-buy as in buying a brand new computer which has Win 7 Home Premium pre-installed?
If that is what you meant, you will have to ask the sales clerk at the computer store.
Nowadays, it might take some searching to find a retail store still selling computers that run Windows 7. (If you go online, that is a different story.)
Computer manufacturers have stopped making computers that run Win 7. It's Windows 8 or 8.1 now.

It is not a yes or no answer.

No you can not. Windows 7 sp1 is not integrated on the iso.

If you fail to find a retail store selling Win 7 SP1 version, the only option is to buy a Win 7 Home Premium SP1 software online, then install it to your computer. It will come in a box with both the installation DVD and the product key.
*** be VERY careful where you go looking for one. There is always the danger of counterfeit software. ***

Newegg.com is reliable enough. Cautions should still be taken.

People warned me about ebay. I bought a Windows 8 pro at ebay, and it is GENUINE and brand new. I have had no issue installing it to one of my laptops. So you see, ebay is ok to me too.
I never have a chance to use Amazon.com. So, no comment.

Last edited:
That's spending ÂŁ60 gbp for service pack one??? Wowww lucky Microsoft

I appreciate that you're trying to save me money, I really do, and I sincerely appreciate everyone's input. I'm sorry about my attitude. It's a product of the frustration I feel from trying to get SP 1 into my laptop for two years and following everyone's advice to no avail.. The problem is that after 10 attempts x 3 hrs per attempt = 30 hours total from start to reverting back to previous settings (twice per attempt, by the way), the time involved in futility is worth more than the $99 that I found it for at Newegg. It's listed as "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1 64 bit OEM". If SP-1 means Service Pack 1 is integrated with Windows 7 right out of the box it seems that it's a yes or no question after all and it means I can "re-buy" it because I'm assuming I bought Windows 7 once when I bought the laptop into which it was already installed. However, I acknowledge that there is no guarantee that will work either.

Let's try a different approach. Below is a list of things I will do prior to running the dvd that I obtained by downloading from the Microsoft Download center and burning a dvd with the NTI Media Maker 8, again. If I don't hear from anyone within 24
hours of posting, with an addition to the list, I will plow through it once again with the assumption that everyone agrees that I have adequately prepped the laptop.
It's an Acer Aspire 5517 bought new in 2009 with Windows 7 already installed.
The list:
I've already checked to make sure my BIOS is up to date.
I will run Windows Update and Install any available updates.
I will run a Maleware Bytes full scan.
I will turn off Microsoft Security Essentials.
Any additions to the list would be welcome. Thanks again, and once again, I apologize for my frustration.

1. Yes. SP1 means service pack 1.
2. There is no need to turn off Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). I used to have MSE in my Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I installed SP1 without turning it off.
3. All else fails, go buy that one from Newegg.com. As you said, your time is worth more than $99.

I'm considering buying it with SP-1 already integrated with Windows 7 but I'm wondering if it actually would be more palatable to my laptop or if I would still encounter problems. I have already tried it numerous times adhering to the list I posted earlier, to no avail, including another futile attempt last evening. I was hoping someone would add an item to that list that would result in success. I would feel a lot better about buying it from Newegg if I heard that someone else bought it for the same reason and managed to install it successfully, but I realize it's probably not a popular approach to solving the problem.
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not that would actually work, or do you foresee problems with that as well?

I'm considering buying it with SP-1 already integrated with Windows 7 but I'm wondering if it actually would be more palatable to my laptop or if I would still encounter problems. I have already tried it numerous times adhering to the list I posted earlier, to no avail, including another futile attempt last evening. I was hoping someone would add an item to that list that would result in success. I would feel a lot better about buying it from Newegg if I heard that someone else bought it for the same reason and managed to install it successfully, but I realize it's probably not a popular approach to solving the problem.
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not that would actually work, or do you foresee problems with that as well?

When I say, "I have already tried it numerous times adhering to the list I posted earlier, to no avail, including another futile attempt last evening", I meant trying to install it from the Microsoft Download Center via a dvd which I burned, myself, of course.

I bought this Acer Aspire laptop new in 2009. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have exhausted all possibilities of installing Service Pack 1. I've tried directly downloading it through Windows Update several times and I just finished unsuccessfully installing it by downloading, burning a dvd and then running that dvd using NTI Media Maker 8 as suggested at the Microsoft Download Center. I've run the diagnostic tools as well, prior to trying to install it. Nothing works. Between downloading, installing, failing to configure, and reverting changes, we're looking at three hours per attempt before I can use it again.
The problem is that in order for me to access a secure network so I can do my job, I must have Service Pack 1 installed. Also, I can't install a version of Internet Explorer higher than version 7 unless SP 1 is installed.
Hence the question: If I re-buy and reinstall Windows 7, will it come with SP 1 already installed? I've given up trying to install it by itself and will spend the money to re-buy something I already have if necessary. Thanks.
You can slipstream SP1 into a new disc.

How To Integrate or Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Into Installation DVD, ISO
To create an ISO or new DVD that includes Service Pack 1 as a slipstreamed (seamless) installation you can follow the tutorial here, please note that this tutorial is not an "official" method for creating a bootable SP1 installation media... however users have reported that this method works.

How To Integrate or Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Into Installation DVD, ISO
To create an ISO or new DVD that includes Service Pack 1 as a slipstreamed (seamless) installation you can follow the tutorial here, please note that this tutorial is not an "official" method for creating a bootable SP1 installation media... however users have reported that this method works.
Thanks, Mike. I'll try it and I'll come back and let you know how I made out.

I knew this would happen. Not being a tech, I got lost immediately. I downloaded RT Seven Lite (a beta edition, v2.6, I believe). I hit the BROWSE button and got two choices, Select OS path and Select ISO file. I selected ISO file as they did in the tutorial. When the box opened up it said SELECT AN ISO and then opened to my libraries. What am I looking for specifically and where do I find it? Remember that I'm not a tech so please dumb it down for me. I get lost in the terminology sometimes. I understand that clicking on the appropriate file will copy it into the box. Please lead me to that file. Also, will I have trouble with the EXTRACT PATH button as well? Thanks for taking time to lead me through it. Whether or not this works, I appreciate your effort.

When the box opened up it said SELECT AN ISO and then opened to my libraries. What am I looking for specifically and where do I find it? Remember that I'm not a tech so please dumb it down for me. I get lost in the terminology sometimes. I understand that clicking on the appropriate file will copy it into the box. Please lead me to that file. Also, will I have trouble with the EXTRACT PATH button as well? Thanks for taking time to lead me through it. Whether or not this works, I appreciate your effort.

Essentially, you would want to create a ISO (disc image) of your Windows DVD with a program such as ImgBurn (freeware). You would slipstream the Service Pack by including it. The outcome of the extract path would be another ISO file that is what is called "slipstreamed". It contains Windows 7 + Service Pack in one installation. The program referenced for creating the slipstream is referenced for ease of use, without having to use a command prompt and additional tools. Basically you are incorporating the service pack into the "image" of the disc you are creating. To get the idea around the image of a DVD, imagine that it is a 100% copy of what is on the disc. Whether or not this works for you may also depend on your hardware, as well as your technical expertise. Once the slipstreamed ISO is created (you can name it whatever you want), you can use the same ImgBurn software to create a new DVD that contains Windows 7 w/Service Pack 1.

For a broader understanding of what slipstreaming is, see also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipstream_(computing)

Step 1. Insert original Windows 7 installation media
Step 2. Run ImgBurn to create a ISO of the installation media
Step 3. Run the slipstream software and reference this ISO file as the source
Step 4. Include the service pack redistributable file as the slipstream file
Step 5. Extract path could just be called slipstream.iso
Step 6. Put a new writable DVD into your tray, and use ImgBurn to create the new disc using slipstream.iso
Step 7. Confirm that this method can and will work for you.
Step 8. Upon completion of the operation, delete the ISO files that you created, or store them for later use.

Thanks, Mike. In watching the video I've come up with a question: When he browses for the file after choosing OS path, he goes to his dvd drive and selects the file. From where does that file come? I assume it's contained on a dvd which is in the drive but from where does the dvd come? I'm getting the idea but I have to learn how to execute the instructions.You're not referring to the dvd I burned from the download with the NTI Media Maker, are you? If not, please explain where that file can be obtained.

Back