Windows 7 If I rebuy Windows 7 Home Premium will it have service Pack 1 already installed?

Thanks, Mike. In watching the video I've come up with a question: When he browses for the file after choosing OS path, he goes to his dvd drive and selects the file. From where does that file come? I assume it's contained on a dvd which is in the drive but from where does the dvd come? I'm getting the idea but I have to learn how to execute the instructions.You're not referring to the dvd I burned from the download with the NTI Media Maker, are you? If not, please explain where that file can be obtained.
Hi. He goes to his DVD drive when he chooses the OS path and chooses the entire DVD. This DVD is the original version of Windows 7. He does not choose an individual file.

He then chooses the Windows 7 SP1 redistributable file for the slipstream. This can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

Mike
That was a good video I've used the RT7 lite before. I usually test my finished disk or image on a virtual machine first. The only thing I encountered was that nobody appears to make update packs like they did for XP. You can try to integrate all of the individual hotfixes but there are usually a few that don't integrate I suspect they must be installed in a certain order. With the XP update packs that was all taken care of. An up to date disk is nice for a clean install and avoid alls of the time at Windows Update.
Joe

Hi. He goes to his DVD drive when he chooses the OS path and chooses the entire DVD. This DVD is the original version of Windows 7. He does not choose an individual file.

He then chooses the Windows 7 SP1 redistributable file for the slipstream. This can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842
Ok, please excuse my computer ignorance but, are you saying that I have to purchase the dvd version of the original Windows 7 dvd first? If not, how do I obtain it? I assume when you refer to the "original version of Windows 7" you mean Windows 7 without SP 1 integrated with it already, as it was when I originally purchased my laptop?

You must have a licensed copy of Windows 7 (original) to perform a slipstream operation. If you already have a valid license, and have lost your disc, you can try contacting Microsoft at 1 (800) 642-7676 for a replacement.

You must have a licensed copy of Windows 7 (original) to perform a slipstream operation. If you already have a valid license, and have lost your disc, you can try contacting Microsoft at 1 (800) 642-7676 for a replacement.
When I bought this laptop, new, from Staples it had no Windows 7 disc. Windows 7 Home Premium was already installed. I had to generate discs for Acer drivers, 3 Acer recovery discs, a backup disc, and a system repair disc. No other discs were involved in order to get it up and running.

That's what I gave him on my first reply. I gave him the whole 9 yards, from downloading iso to burning a bootable DVD.
Somehow he was/is reluctant to use it.
Hi David. I did download the NTI Media Maker and burned the dvd using the link you supplied. If you check the very start of this thread, I lead off by saying I did download the Media Maker and burned the dvd. That failed.

I have another question. If I upgrade to Windows 9 when it comes out, would I be able to avoid this entire issue with SP 1? By the way, I would still prefer installing SP 1 into my existing Windows 7 if anyone has any other ideas. I'd be willing to try anything my meager expertise would allow. Thanks in advance.

Hi David. I did download the NTI Media Maker and burned the dvd using the link you supplied. If you check the very start of this thread, I lead off by saying I did download the Media Maker and burned the dvd. That failed.

What speed did you choose to burn your disk? Burning faster than 4 X has caused a lot of people problems. Try downloading Imageburn http://imgburn.com/ and see if that works. Also when you download the ISO do a hash check if possible.
Joe

What speed did you choose to burn your disk? Burning faster than 4 X has caused a lot of people problems. Try downloading Imageburn http://imgburn.com/ and see if that works. Also when you download the ISO do a hash check if possible.
Joe
Thanks Joe. Will do. Before I do, however, I've got a couple of questions for you. The only ISO/SP 1 downloads I could find open up to NTI Media Maker 8. Is it possible to download the file without the NTI Media Maker involved? I ask this because I saved the file rather than just opening it and burned the disk by simply sending it to dvd drive, but when I played it back it opened up to NTI Media Maker anyway. I want to be able to just right click the file once I save it and send it to imgburn without the NTI Media Maker being involved. Also, once again forgive my ignorance but, what is a hash check and how would I do it?

Thanks Joe. Will do. Before I do, however, I've got a couple of questions for you. The only ISO/SP 1 downloads I could find open up to NTI Media Maker 8. Is it possible to download the file without the NTI Media Maker involved? I ask this because I saved the file rather than just opening it and burned the disk by simply sending it to dvd drive, but when I played it back it opened up to NTI Media Maker anyway. I want to be able to just right click the file once I save it and send it to imgburn without the NTI Media Maker being involved. Also, once again forgive my ignorance but, what is a hash check and how would I do it?

I'm back from downloading Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 and burning it to dvd with imgburn. Another failure. Same error code: E_FAIL(0x80004005)

Back