Windows 8 If the Start button returns with Blue, will you use it?

Will you use the Start Button?

• Yes! I want the Button back where it should be.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No! I like windows 8 the way it is.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Not bothered either way..

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've said my piece. I am leaving this thread. I like my Win 7 over my Win 8. Period. Don't worry I am not gonna ditch my Win 8. It is still usable for Facebook. Hahaha.
Cheers!

"You can't work anymore because there's no start menu?"

If this question is derived from a statement of the same concept then the statement is based on an absolute myth or some notion that is completely & utterly false.

Not only because there is no suffering from not having a pre-Windows 8 style start menu but, also, because there IS a start menu in Windows 8... is it (called) the Start screen... that lovely thing w/ all those cute little (unnecessary) Tiles.

(The same Start screen I never use or visit... well, except for, occasionally, doing a Search from it.)

Cheers,
Drew

In Windows 8.1 to Search, one can or cannot use Charms, the Start screen or hit WinQ, WinW or WinF which, will, immediately open Search to Everywhere (ALL Applications), Settings or File respectively.

Cheers,
Drew

I don't think the Metro UI will ever catch on for me, not even on touch screen devices. I like the same kind of UI on Windows Phone however, I dunno why I find it odd on Windows 8.. but that does not stop me from using it. Just install Classic Shell And Win8 does indeed seem to run smoother than Windows 7, and I don't need to look at the Metro UI unless I want to. Stop whining and get on with it :)

Good thing you closed your comment with "Just saying."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires

:)
One time my friend asked me if Indian people are smarter than white people. I asked her why did he think that? She said it seems like most doctors in our area is Indian. And its true, there are a lot of Indian doctors.

Well, I thought about it for about 30 seconds and asked her how many Indian people are there? She thought about it for a minute and said point taken.

I'm going to ask the same question here. How many college dropouts are there as oppose to people who got phd's?

In Windows 8.1 to Search, one can or cannot use Charms, the Start screen or hit WinQ, WinW or WinF which, will, immediately open Search to Everywhere (ALL Applications), Settings or File respectively.

Cheers,
Drew
That's one thing I dislike abut 8.1, the keyboard shortcuts for app search were great... Now half my apps have been updated with a native search box and the others still need to use the charms menu :S

That's one thing I dislike abut 8.1, the keyboard shortcuts for app search were great... Now half my apps have been updated with a native search box and the others still need to use the charms menu :S

Oh and everyone probably already knows it but, Search will now, in 8.1, also go directly to the Web or Web based images.

Cheers,
Drew

My question is why, even after I have stated that not liking and not being able to use are two different things, does badrobot think I am personally attacking him. If you can't use something, fine learn how to use it, but don't blame the thing for your inability to use it. It is not the devices fault. People who use things like Classic Shell on Windows 8, didn't learn to use Windows 8, but did find a solution that they liked and that worked for them, no problem with that at all.

My question is why, even after I have stated that not liking and not being able to use are two different things, does badrobot think I am personally attacking him. If you can't use something, fine learn how to use it, but don't blame the thing for your inability to use it. It is not the devices fault.

When people reply on this thread, it doesn't mean they are taking it personally. I am giving you a general response.

People who use things like Classic Shell on Windows 8, didn't learn to use Windows 8, but did find a solution that they liked and that worked for them, no problem with that at all.

You keep making assumptions. That's not good.

My question is why, even after I have stated that not liking and not being able to use are two different things, does badrobot think I am personally attacking him.
I'd simply suggest you let it go. Hopefully no one intended anything personal as that is seldom the case on these forums.
Opinions are just that..... Opinions. And they are many and they are varied and sometimes they change and sometimes they don't.
In any case it is always difficult to interpret accurately, in this text based format, what someone intended to actually say. So..... just assume, for the sake of argument (or non-argument) that it was not intended as personal.

Back