Windows 7 Internet switched to LAN, Can't change back to WIFI

Hawleo

Hello, I have had this problem for a while, usually I would restart and it would be fixed, but its not this time. I use WIFI and connect to a wireless router, and it just randomly switches to LAN when I restart the computer/ Start back up. When I try to connect to a connection, it doesn't show my WIFI nor my neighbours. It shows the LAN icon with a X on it. My computer is a windows 7 home premium acer aspire. This problem has been going for a while now. I have tried many things, but please give me ways to fix this. If you need any more info, just ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you set the properties of your router wireless connection to "connect automatically when in range?"

Network and sharing centre, connections, click on the router name, wireless properties, select "connect automatically"

Network and sharing centre, connections, click on the router name, wireless properties, select "connect automatically"
It was already checked. I also checked connect when it isn't shown or something like that. The last one you can check. Thanks for the help :).

If your pc is sometimes not showing any wireless connections there may be a problem with your wireless network adapter or the driver. Does the wireless connection aver get dropped once it has connected?

Go to Device Manager, un-install the driver for the Wireless, right click any device and select scan for new hardware. It will scan and reinstall the driver for the wireless automatically.

Last edited:
Back