Windows 7 Internet switched to LAN, Can't change back to WIFI

Hawleo

Hello, I have had this problem for a while, usually I would restart and it would be fixed, but its not this time. I use WIFI and connect to a wireless router, and it just randomly switches to LAN when I restart the computer/ Start back up. When I try to connect to a connection, it doesn't show my WIFI nor my neighbours. It shows the LAN icon with a X on it. My computer is a windows 7 home premium acer aspire. This problem has been going for a while now. I have tried many things, but please give me ways to fix this. If you need any more info, just ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Network and sharing centre, connections, click on the router name, wireless properties, select "connect automatically"
It was already checked. I also checked connect when it isn't shown or something like that. The last one you can check. Thanks for the help :).

If your pc is sometimes not showing any wireless connections there may be a problem with your wireless network adapter or the driver. Does the wireless connection aver get dropped once it has connected?

Go to Device Manager, un-install the driver for the Wireless, right click any device and select scan for new hardware. It will scan and reinstall the driver for the wireless automatically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom