Windows 7 Issues with several messengers

Simple_Condolences

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate, upgraded from Windows Vista. I have the latest updates, latest versions of my messengers, and updated all device drivers, however; two of my programs still refuse to operate...

Dell Video Chat (created by sightspeed) and Windows Live Messenger will not run but things like Skype and AIM will.
All of the worked at some point in time, and all with the Windows 7 RC and all the updates I've downloaded. I haven't installed any other software to my computer or downloaded anything that I can think of that would have stopped their operating.

Both programs open and will start, however, neither will connect. Both services say that they are unavailable with no explanation. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both, removed McAfee, allowed them through my firewall, and everything else I can think of. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Screen shot below is of their error output. If you need any other information, feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to work with you.

Last edited:
Hello,

The members here all agree that a "clean" install is the only way to go.

This is how conflicts occur.

Your programs from the old OS will not work unless they are re-installed.

I've tried but retrying now. Anything else?

And as I said, all of these programs that are no longer operating have worked on the Release Candidate without being reinstalled. I was hoping for possible solutions, or answers, as to why they've chosen now to stop working.

Last edited:
Alright. Managed to get Windows Live Messenger working, however, the reinstallation wasn't the fix. My laptop travels to school and back and a few friends used it the other day. My guess would be that one of them setup a proxy connection that Windows Live Messenger, as well as my home network, was refusing. Either way, I didn't realize this because the proxy was setup up in Internet Explorer 8, rather than my usual Firefox. So thats one issue taken care of. Any help with the video chat program?

Back
Top Bottom