Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Oh yeah, I almost forgot this. Is anyone else having issues getting KB4038788 to download ???
I keep getting error code:800f081f.
I've tried it 3 times now.
I got all the other Patch Tuesday updates and all my other software, games and store app's updated.
It's just that one Windows 10 update that keep's failing.
Several restarts after every update since 7:00 P.M.
Disk Cleanup and CClleaner run's afterwards followed by another restart.

No, I sure haven't.
I've kind of been busy, especially since the power came back on.
I can finally see to clean stuff in the house.
I also forgot to mention a huge post-hurricane issue I personally experienced and kind of not in a good way.
Yesterday I was throwing some broken tree branches from the woods in my backyard, back into the woods.
I stepped in one area about 3' from the woods and fell down 1' into a 2' x 2' sinkhole.
Apparently my January dog bite/broken leg/ankle caused some sort of lower back issue, that I didn't notice at the time.
My lower back to my feet hurt during the sinkhole drop.

I just tried another way and it failed to install.
I did a search for the error code - update name on Bing and got the update downloaded to my desktop.
The 2 screenshots below show the results.
201709CU.PNG
Capture.PNG

I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter. It supposedly fixed problems, as I clicked on "Apply Fix".Both Windows Update fails and the downloaded update both still fail to install. I get the same results as the screenshot's above show and the 2 below screenshots.
WindowsUpdate.PNG
WindowsUpdate1.PNG

I'm glad, too.
Sunday night got a tab bit funny at one point.
I tried to take Sebastian out front when the winds started to come. They weren't getting bad yet and I knew he needed to go. The wind was mybe 35 m.p.h. He wouldn't move his front legs once I opened the front door and walked outside, but his rear legs were moving like he needed to go.
I decided o.k., I'll take him out the back door that's basically protected from the wind.
I'll explain that in a sentence or two.
I decided as that area is a little wider as there's kind of a big extended length sidewalk and that he could just go on that part away from thhe door. No dice, he was literally glued to my leg, so we went back inside.
The back side's of the house has sliding glass doors on one side with just a sidewalk covering the sliding glass door area.
The other side has about a 8' x 4' sode walk. ^' of that is fenced in and 2 of my landlord's car dealership were preventing are flow through the fenced in part.
I guess he sensed the hurricane and stayed glued to me in bed all night.
That was probably at 8 P.M., as it was a few minutes after the electric went off at 7:50-7:55 P.M.
The wind actually picked up a little around 11 P.M., but at 3:30 A.M. it sounded the worst out of the hole time.It kind of sounded like footsteps on the roof then. That must of been tree branches hitting it and the roof tiles falling off.
The only real famage other thhan the roof tiles coming off was a front yard tree with 3 branches bending from the wind onto the ground.
I was gonna saw them off, but my landlord said don't bother, his son's gonna use his chainsaw on it Saturday.
Overall the worst part was the almost 4 day's without electric and basically nothing to do other than clean up some of the storm mess outside.
That & Wednesday to Thursday were kind of hot compared to Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
I ran out of shirt's between wearing them and using them for wiping off sweaqt all day & night.
rest was kind of like camping. Roughing it.
My twi roommates were definitely more affected. Neither of them can cope without a.c. or electric.
Glad I camped all the time when I was a little kid.
The only 2 thing's that happened to me back during those camping trip's was: A: At 3 yrs. old, I stepped in about a 1,000 fire ant swarm while walking in the woods to go. B: At 4 almost stepping on a dead snake, that my father assumed was alive and ready to bite me. He saw it just before I almost stepped on it. He told me to keep my leg in the air and he grabbed a long stick and pushed it away from me.
That's probably why I'm petrified of snake's still.

kemical: Any suggestions on the problem update ???
The flash player update, maliscious software removal tool & Office 2010 updates all installed.
Office 2010 got 7 updates total.
Just that one update keep's refusing to install.

Nope, it stops downloading at 3% and gives the same error.
I incinerated the file that I manually downloaded.
Also according to web searches and Ten Forums there's a lot of people having issues with it downloading or installing. They also have other's reporting issues in Edge, IE, etc, if it does install.
I even went so far this morning to click/open the Windows 10 Get Help app and let the guy take over my pc.
He couldn't do it and messed up stuff worse, so I did a system restore from yesterday before I got the updates and nothing still fixes it.
I thoroughly get rid of all junk files a few times a day, so I know it isn't that.
Apparently the update fixes bugs from a July or August update and obviously it's still buggy.
I think I'm just gonna leave it be until I get my hands on Fall Creators Update next month and do another clean install then.
From what I've heard there isn't gonna be anything in the Fall Creators Update that I care about or would use.

they are disabling a lot of 3rd party software like sound and network to use Microsoft drivers instead but apart from that no

p.s, happy to see you and Sebastian made it ok... looks like the next two shouldn't be as bad

I really, really need your guy's/gal's help on that Patch Tuesday Cumulative Update for Windows 10.
I have it downloaded and saved on my h.d.d. and neither of the 2 will install.
I've got the the Delta Update for it from 9/2017 and the Cumulative Update from 9/2017.
Both fail to install on this pc.
I've repeatedly run Windows 10's Windows Update Troubleshooter fom the Settings app. It repeatedly finds and fixes error's supposedly, but Windows Update never stops saying Retry for the update- download shows no progress and moves to preparing to install, then install and back to retry.
I followed the previous instructions for clearing the Windows Update Cache and Windows Update still says Retry when I open it up.
This makes me assume that the cleaning of Windows Update Cache don't work in Windows 10 1703.
My current version is 1703.15063.540.
My old pc got the update no problem earlier Sunday the first time I ran Windows Update.
Old pc is now 1703.15063.608.
Old pc also isn't using my Microsoft Account like this pc is.
Only software on old pc is Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and Samsung Magician. Nothing else, but drivers and updated Windows Store app's.
Is there a way I can use Command Prompt as Administrator to get it to install the update I downloaded ? Possibly even in Safe Mode ?
Safe Mode w/Networking doesn't work as my Wi-Fi adaptor is u.s.b. 2.0.
Roommates had AT&T install the router in a seriously dumb spot.

Do you have a back up saved which might run better?

Failing that try running these scans and then the update (run the scans several times if need be:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

No not really backup wise. I had to reformat my external h.d.d. to have space to pull off my weekly backup & system image.
SFC /Scannow failed like 67% through.
CBS log attached below.
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth fsiled, too.
It's log is attached below, too.
sfcscannow.PNG
dismrestorehealth.PNG

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 169
  • DISM.zip
    985.2 KB · Views: 154
DevMan.PNG
This could be causing my issue, too.
When I upgrade my 2 ssd's Windows was on my m.2 ssd.
Then I realized I couldn't get into my Microsoft or Google accounts, so I couldn't get into my emails and I couldn't get into my AI RoboForm passwords due to not being able to get my email with the 2 step authentication codes for all 3.
I did a sytem image restore I had, but it was from my older, smaller ssd's.
It put Windows and my programs on my sata ssd, instead of the m.2 ssd.
The m.2 ssd still showed as only 500GB's instead of 1TB until I ran GParted and fixed that.
It shows up in Disk MManagement as 1TB, both do (actually 930GB. & 931GB.).
In Device Manager my m.2 ssd still shows up as 500FB, instead of 1TB.
The sata ssd shows the correct size, though.
DiskMgmnt.PNG

I probably won't respond back until this afternoon/early evening.
I'm just waiting until 9 A.M. to make a call to find out where my insulin pump lines are at. I was supposed to receive them the 13th and I' now out of them.
Once I'm done calling them, I need to go to bed.

I'm trying that now. If it doesn't work I'll just hold off until Fall Creators Update is released, as I'm planning a clean install of it.
Microsoft should roll it out to the Media Creation Tool on October 18th, as they make it available on October 17th.
Then I'll just spend another 5 days downloading all my games.

Win10FlashDrive.PNG
kemical: Which Administrative Command Prompt would I use to get it to look at my my Windows 10 flash drive on drive I:\ ?

Back