Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I just did the clean install, got all updates & drivers installed. Then proceeded to get my magicJack phone and all email accounts setup.
Now the 5+ days of fun beging getting everything else downloaded, installed and setup.

At least Windows & Programs are going back on my m.2 ssd and majority of games are going back on my sata ssd.

I just did the clean install, got all updates & drivers installed. Then proceeded to get my magicJack phone and all email accounts setup.
Now the 5+ days of fun beging getting everything else downloaded, installed and setup.
All the updates installed ok?

They sure did. Now I'm on 1703.15063.608.
I'm changing up how I do it this time around.
I got Windows installed, then drivers (before plugging Wi-Fi- adaptor in), then Windows updates.
Then I got Store app updates and logged into Microsoft account for everything.
I then went after my modern app's and games, then I installed & updated Office 2010 Home & Student (It won't activate now - too many installs on this pc & MS telephone number isn't listed, so I just click on cancel for activation and proceed to use it).
Then I just installed my Ninite stuff, Steam, GOG Galaxy, Origin and Uplay followed by another Windows Update and restart.
Now, I'm gonna get my Cyberlink stuff setup, then my other software and then do my game downloads.
The game stuff should begin tonight.

**Free Game Alert**!!! I just read a email I received from GOG (gog.com), while GOG Galaxy is still downloading The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY
Apparently GOG has Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee free for a very short time. Grab it now.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
My copy is downloading after The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY finishes up.

Last edited:
Grabbed it yesterday, is only 2ish gig and took seconds to download. We've just got 350Mbps internet. Witcher 3 took 15 minutes to download.

My internet spped went way down from 115+ mbps downloads with Spectrum to 12-22 mbps with AT&T now.
Both of them are installed now. so I have 5 of 30-40 out of the way.
Getting my 5 from Origin now.
Then I'll get my 7 from Uplay and then proceed to get what's left from Steam.
Doubtful that they'll be all done by Friday. Saturday is a better bet.
I'm surprised Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee displays at my 2560x1080 resolution on my pc.
You can definitely tell it's a 1997 game, though.
No changeable video settings, so it doesn't quiet look perfect for me.

I used to play Oddworld on a friends Playstation although I'm in no rush to revisit the game, still it'a nicely stylised game.

Yeah I grabbed it for posterity lol.. Maybe i'll play it again sometime soon but I've just finished Prey and have started to play the Witcher 3 again.
Even though i've finished the Witcher 3 I've still to complete the DLC's . So i'm starting right from the beginning again as it's such a good game.
One thing i've noticed since playing it last time is the graphics have been tweaked even further and now my copy opens with 'Game of the year edition' (I originally bought the game and the season pass together so nice to see I got all the goodies too).
Oh and now you can use this special screenshot creator called 'Ansel'. Here's a couple of shots i took the other day:
The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2017.09.19 - 11.17.39.28.jpg

One more
The Witcher 3 Super-Resolution 2017.09.18 - 22.14.50.82.jpg

That's kind of how I am the last couple of years. I don't know if it's just me getting old or what, but I hardly play games anymore. Basically just if I get bored or need a break from the other pc stuff I do.
Once I get the racing wheel that will probably change, though.
Clutch = Left leg & foot therapy.
Waiting to see how that new Need For Speed game is. If it's no good I'll be done game buying next month, as I only have 1 game left on my list to get.
November will be shifter & gift card towards December's racing wheel purchase.
I'll still technically have 1 game on my list, but it won't be out until February or March.
P.S. Origin should be done getting Titanfall Deluxe in a few hours.
Look's like Uplay's 7 will be done sometime tomorrow.
Then it's onto the Steam game's, which are the bulk of them.
It may very well be Sunday before Steam is done.

Origin games are all done & setup again.
Getting my 7 Uplay games now.
Hopefully they'll be done by 12:00 P.M. tomorrow.
I completely forgot about the GameSessions Ryse Son of Rome game.
I'll get it done after the Uplay games are done & setup.

I guess a lot of it with me is from the nerve damage of diabetes affecting my hands.
For instance, if I move my left thumb a certain way, my fingers all lock up.
I also occasionally get extreme lower calf and feet cramps & lockups.
The leg/feet one's where one of my first symptons of the diabetes when I was 12.
I literally would wake up at like 11:30 P.M. (slept all the time from the high blood sugars, so was always tired) and my feet would lock into place like I was doing ballet and my legs/feet would be cramping, painful and unmovable. I'd literally scream it hurt so bad.
My mom called the emergency room and they'd so oh that's just growing pains and you don't need to bring him or worry about it.
Yeah, like 12 year old boy's reach puberty at 12.
Diabetes symptoms I personally had.:
Frequent urination
Constant tiredness
Extreme thirst
No appetite
Extreme leg/foot cramping/lockups

Back