Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

DriveD.PNG
DriveE.PNG
Did you do a clean install of FCU ?
Disk Cleanup does Drive C: as it normally does, but drive D; & E;, it shows no progress and just stays on the screen, until I click on something else, then the Disk Cleanup windows for each disappears.
All it cleans on either of those is the Recycle Bin (which I empty myself) and downloaded DXstuff. I'll upload a screenshot of each.
The Store downloaded Themes & Edge addons may have been fixed. I've gotten at least 3 Store updates since last Tuesday.
System Image fails at the very end, it worked fine prior to FCU's update for me. That's o.k., every tech/pc site stated MS was removing it, so I went back to Macrium Reflect just before FCU's release.

Weird, then again from everything I've heard different people are experiencing different things with it.
My old pc runs completely fine with it, too. Funny thing is I just did the upgrade install on it with the flashdrive I created of FCU from CU.
Old pc is all AMD, too. (990FX movo & FX8350, but 2 MSI GTX 760's.
This one's all Intel, except for my RX 480.

I really like it. Had non of the memory issues others have had with Ryzen. Overclocks well and so far has been very stable and issue free.

I may go with one of the Asrock Fatality motherboard's. They appear to be the only one with the amount of motherboard USB 2 & 3 ports I need. I need 2 of each in the front for my case and my memory card reader. All the others appear to have USB 3.1 & one usb 2 ports.
Then the rest of the X370 boards don't have enough back panel usb ports for my needs.
That and I haven't heard that them back panel usb 3.1 ports are compatible with usb 3 devices & cables.
As far as the back panel usb ports I need:
1:keyboard USB 2
1:mouse usb 2
1:webcam usb 2
1: racing wheel usb 2 (I think)
1: magicJack usb 2
1:external hdd usb 3
1: Xbox 360 controller usb 2

My case top has:
4 usb 2 ports
2 usb 3 ports.

For ny memory card reader I already have a usb 2 - usb 3 motherboard adaptor cable for it.
Currently my memory card reader is plugged into one of the 2 usb 3 motherboard ports and the case top uses the 2 usb 2 ports and other usb 3 motherboard ports.
The X370 Asrock Fatality has the same layout on the motherboard, usb port wise for the case & memory card reader

As far a the G-Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 I'm gonna be getting, I already know I'll have to downclock it to DDR4 2933, as I'm going with 2 kit's for 32GBs.
Whichever cpu I get, I don't think I'm overclocking it.

I'm changing up what I get in November.
Now I'm gonna get the following tomorrow morning.
1. Logitech G Driving Force Shifter
2: $50.00 or $75.00 Newegg gift card toward's December's Logitech G920 Criving Force Racing Wheel
3. Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass
4: Dungeons 2 - All DLC
5: Outland - Artbox and OST
6: Shadow Warrior-_ Special Edition Upgrade
7: Need For Speed Payback

December's still looking like I'm getting the Logitech G920 Driving Force Racung Wheel
Then I'll only have all the DLC for Killing Floor left to get.
It's all over $14*.00, so it can wait.

Last edited:
Yeah, that one slipped by me last Friday. I downloaded & installed it Monday.
I didn't need the Shadow Warrior dlc. Apparently I already had it without knowing it.
The dlc for Forza Horizon 3 fixed the game saving my setting's.
Now I'm going to mess with my Dungeons 2 & Outland since I have all their dlc now.
I ordered the shifter and pre-ordered Need For Speed Payback.
I didn't get the Newegg gift card.
I should still be able to swing the G920 in December.

3DMark scores:
Time Spy: 4617 - Increase from 2 drivers ago 4601
Fire Strike: 12372 -Increase from 2 drivers ago 12000
Fire Strike Extreme -6354 - Decrease from 2 drivers ago. 6409
I'll do PCMark 10 later.
I never benchmarked last Friday's driver.

nmsuk: Are you experiencing the same issue with 3DMark in Steam that I am.
Issue over the last 1 1/2-2 weeks, #DMark's "Compare Results Online" does nothing now. It doesn't open a web browser to see your previous results, add the current results to your online saved results, etc.
PCMark * PCMark 10 don't have this issue.
I tried uninstalling and removing all 3 programs, all their folders and all Futuremark folders and registry key's.
I then restarted my pc, reinstalled each, restarted my pc after each install. #DMark still has that issue.

Back
Top Bottom