Windows 7 Need help installing a OS

K, i changed a usb setting in bios and its now letting me use my usb

Pheeew.. I'm so glad you got this working. I was thinking 'omg I've helped this guy ruin his laptop!'
I am using driver booster so hopefully i get all the needed drivers.
Hmm... That's not really a good app especially for laptops. The reason being is laptop drivers are supplied by the laptop manufacturer and other versions may cause bsod as well as instability.

I had already used driver booster before seeing your post but everything seems to be working now.
Im now ready to copy my os to my external hard drive if your ready but i would like to have other os on my external hard drive as well. i have to leave around 5:15Pm UTC-06:00 Central time and i wont be able to do anything with my computer until tomorrow after that time.

Edit: I want to thank you for all the help you have given me so far.

Edit2: Basically what i need help with now is copying my os and all its contents to a external usb hard drive but have enough room to have a couple other os on it. I have clonezilla on a usb.

Last edited:
Thank you, i will take a look at that.
Edit: Ok so will this just be making a backup or will i be able to boot from my external hard drive after doing this?

I just used a program called minitool partition wizard and I copied the partitions to my external hard drive, I will see if it works.

Iv got every thing setup now. Thank you for all your help and if i ever see someone needing help with windows i will refer them to you.

One last question and if you dont know the answer then i will create another thread.
Have you ever used Windows Vista/2008/7/2008 R2 Fast Installer?
If so can you please help me get it working? It creates the windows files on my usb but it wont boot.

I have an idea but i need you to tell me if it would work. I want to get a hard drive and then connect it to a desktop pc and install windows 7 with my cd and then connect the hard drive to my laptop with a hard drive enclosure. Would that work or would there be some problems?

If it was plugged into USB then no as you cannot boot off external drives. If it was connected to a SATA port then maybe but I doubt Windows would be happy you may find your plagued with bsod's. Usually moving an HDD directly to another machine means a re-install.

K thanks. I will see if if there is a hard drive like the one that i currently have and see if i can get it with windows already installed, or would that have the same issue as my previous post?

Hmm... I've never heard of drives having windows pre-installed. You would be better off simply installing windows with the drive in situ.

Back