Windows 10 No device drivers found help??

Spher0s

Hey guys I just built my PC today everything is working fine but when I was installing Windows 10 it said "No device drivers found" and I have no idea what the problem is. In the BIOS it said that I do have my HDD and my SSD, the only thing I can think that might have caused the problem is the optical drive because I took it off of an older PC or my motherboard can't run Windows 10 (It's a Fatal1ty z97 MOBO by the way) any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry! I think I read your thread wrong. What kind of media are you using to install W10?
Do you have access to a different optical drive??

Sorry! I think I read your thread wrong. What kind of media are you using to install W10?
Do you have access to a different optical drive??
Well I'm using the Windows 10 OEM so it's a dvd. And no I do not have access to another optical drive sadly.

Hey guys I just built my PC today everything is working fine but when I was installing Windows 10 it said "No device drivers found" and I have no idea what the problem is. In the BIOS it said that I do have my HDD and my SSD, the only thing I can think that might have caused the problem is the optical drive because I took it off of an older PC or my motherboard can't run Windows 10 (It's a Fatal1ty z97 MOBO by the way) any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
if your moBo is like mine then when you first install win 10 (I have a Z97 board too) then the only drivers are the ones supplied by Microsoft. This seems enough to get the graphics working but not much more than that. As windows cannot connect to the net to use windows update to install drivers it flashes a prompt about device drivers missing.

I have the drivers stored on a spare drive but using the DVD that comes with the moBo will get you started until you can download the latest versions.

Back