Windows 7 ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD on new 64bit laptop

iseki

I've got this new laptop last month and after two weeks got my first BSOD. I've done chkdsk, sfc, and last know good config only to have it back again every 3 days or so. I don't have restore point far back enough and don't think I've installed anything that could cause this. The driv'ers are up-to-date, and I don't have Norton or AVG just Kaspersky Internet Security as my antivirus. But I do play LOTRO but at the lowest graphics quality. I don't have any CDs and the laptop didn't come with a Windows disk so I can't repair or reinstall it to its factory settings. Sometimes the BSOD appears when I starting shutting down, otherwise its random. Help would be really appreciated! Thank you

Attachments

• cpuz.jpg
    cpuz.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 450
  • BSOD.rar
    59.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Two dumps indicate an issue with memory corruption and a third with memory management.
The fourth was a zero bit file and had no contents or value
Clear up these older drivers.
wacommousefilter.sys 2/16/2007 Link Removed due to 404 Error
ASMMAP64.sys 7/2/2009 This one is a little confusing one source says it's a memory mapping driver from ASUS and another says it's a LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY so with no system specs to go by you're on your own with that one.
Other than that double check with the manufacturer and see if they have a BIOS update for your particular model;
And if Blue Screens persist,
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Test RAM sticks individually. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Yesterday when I try to shut down I got another BSOD but of a different message than usual. It still seem to be caused by ntoskrnl. The only thing I did that day was update Kasperksy so I'm going to uninstall it and see if it makes any difference.

@Trouble - thank you for you reply as I was beginning to get hopeless after not seeing replies for a day. I will try your suggestions when I get the time, and let you know how it does. As for the BIOS, I did look for updates and its in this page http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Multimedia_Entertainment/N53SV/#download however I have no idea how to install the update. I did try to update anything I can from the list but I haven't listed what I installed or not.

Attachments

• 122211-38220-01.dmp
    260.2 KB · Views: 268
There are a couple BIOS flash utilities included on that page you can use to update your firmware (Windows BIOS Flash Utility). I would strongly suggest reading your computer or motherboard documentation regarding a BIOS update procedure and determine how and what they recommend for performing that task.

Back