Proper Drivers finder

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by shaheedullah, Jan 11, 2012.

1. shaheedullah

shaheedullah New Member

is three any way to find proper drivers for any type of Lan , Wlan,VIdeo,Audio by using any particular website or any other utility

2. Veegertx

Veegertx Honorable Member

3. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

4. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Yes, In reality its you. Even Windows update will update your drivers to an "older" version.
    By all means use one of the "DriverUpdater Expert Programs", but only to see what it suggests. Then use Goggle to find and confirm the drivers. If in doubt, ask.

5. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I never allow any software to determine the best drivers for any of my devices - that includes any "wizards" or MS updates. I always refer first to the pc manufacturer's website - if they have drivers they are the most appropriate and reliable source. Most major manufacturers will have such resources for their products. If there is no manufacturer site or the pc has been self built then I would refer to the website of the device manufacturer.

6. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

That's definitely not the way to go with notebooks - most OEM's never update their notebook drivers :\

7. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

I'll go along with that one. They seem to throw a notebook/laptopmabob out to the general public and then totally forget about updating anything.