Windows 7 Sound Drivers For 7

Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
When trableshooting - I am answered by the system that I have driver problem, if I go to control panel /sound playback it tell me that I "have no sound device"

Where is the fix???

For HP dv 5000 users and others that have this sound device:

Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controler

Go to HP driver and download the vista sound driver and you are done.

I Still like Ubuntu better

Reghakr
I ran this utility but then realized it's only a graphics analyzer. (unless there's something I'm missing)

Jim,

We seem to have so many people with different issues posting here it's a little confusing.

How did you obtain the motherboard information in your profile.

Did you check above regarding the HP site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Abit IC7 no front speaker sound.

Hoping someone can help me out. I've installed windows 7 on my old PC with an Abit IC7 motherboard with onboard 5.1 sound. I am only using stereo speakers, and although i've updated the latest realtek vista/win7 drivers i'm not getting any sound from the OS (i tried both the standard and HD drivers). Weird thing I noticed though, is that if I manually set windows to use 5.1, and plug speakers into any thing other than the front speaker ports, I get sound! Any ideas why I'm not getting anything out of the front, no matter what setting I change?

Thanks in advance (sorry if i've posted in the wrong spot).

-Matt

Matt,

hello and welcome to the Windows7forums

Yes, it would be a good idea to start a new thread with your question under Windows support.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. Download |MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.36
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

In your case the exact make and model of the sound card itself.

Hey.

I have a SupremeFX on a P5N32-E SLI PLUS mobo. Installed Soundmax driver v6.10.1.6260 on W7 RC x64 Build 7100. Everything is working flawlessly.

Does anyone know if i can use any of Creatives drivers to my Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1? I know there's a modded version of something for the Prelude but i can't seem to find any info regarding my X-Plosion?

I'm having some issues with AC3-sound stuttering when fast forwarding in movies with the current drivers.

Release information:

• Version: PCI-8770-080421-8_17.zip
  • Download Size: 32 mb
  • Release Date: 05/19/2008

No, Creative is a whole different company which provides drivers for their products only.

I did find this link directly from the Auzentech website

Release information:
  • Driver name: Auzen X-Fi Forte Driver Version 1.0
  • Download Size: 206 mb Zipped file
  • Release Date: 02/20/2009
Link Removed - Invalid URL

No, Creative is a whole different company which provides drivers for their products only.

I did find this link directly from the Auzentech website

Release information:
  • Driver name: Auzen X-Fi Forte Driver Version 1.0
  • Download Size: 206 mb Zipped file
  • Release Date: 02/20/2009
Auzentech, Inc. Sound Cards. Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

I know they are a whole different company, however, Auzentech used creative cards as a base design.

Those drivers aren't for the X-Plosion, but for the X-Fi Forte as it says.

If you have any more detailed info about you card, that would be very helpful.

I did run across this link, but I'm not sure as to whether it's the correct driver for your system.

Download |MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.36 to get more detailed information

Auzentech X-Plosion,X-Plosion Cinema,X-Mystique Driver PCI-8770-080421-8_17

Seriously, do you even check the date on the drivers you post? It's the same as on the Auzentech site!

And what more info do you need other than the card is named Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1

I know you're just trying to help, but shiiish! :eek:

Hi i am new in this Forum.

After installing the Driver you have posted i had Sound. I am using an old Asus 31J Laptop, and i am quite impressed by the driver support of the Windows 7 RC (7100) even my VGA-Card (geForce7300GO was detected).

But i still have a major Problem with my onboard Soundcard; I can hear somethng, i can use a Headphone. But as soon as i pull the HEadphone Plug and re insert it into my Laptop i can hear Sound out of my Laptopspeakers AND my Headphones.

anyone has an idea what i can do ? if oyu need more information i will give them to you.

Hello and welcome,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 .Download http://majorgeeks.com/SIV_System_Information_Viewer_d4779.html]System Information Viewer) 3.36[/URL]
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your sound card and/or motherboard would be pg great help.

ok i am following your instructions step by step

1. i think you want me to post the infos about my onboard-soundcard
Name Realtek High Definition Audio
Hersteller Realtek
Status OK
PNP-Gerätekennung HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0861&SUBSYS_10430000&REV_1003\4&16400D2E&0&0001
Treiber c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhda.sys (6.0.1.5864, 2,26 MB (2.364.960 Bytes), 10.06.2009 19:26)

2. there is no Yellow Flag in the Device Manager, i checked every Device, the only thing that is deactivated is a s calle VPN-Adapter (i am using cysco systems - vpn client to get into the internet if i am in my libary)

3.Where can i find theese Numbers ?
I have a Asus PRo31J Notebook - PRO 31 JC X-110 T2250
the serial number is Serien Nr. 68NOAG092941

4.the link you have posted is wrong, but i found another one.
can you please explain me, what this programm really is for ? i am a little overwhelmed with the amount of information ;)

5.i am abput to fill it out.

thx for your Help

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

I think I have enough info, don't worry about gathering more for now. The driver below is for the 32-bit edition. If you are using the 64-bit edition, do not use this driver.

First, go to Control Panel Device Manager locate the Realtek High Definition Audio under sound, Video and Game Controllers and choose uninstall.

Now go and install these drivers:

Realtek AC'97 Drivers for Vista 6.110

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Back