Windows 7 Sound mixer is failing me all of a sudden

April

My sound mixer was working fine, then all of a sudden one day it stopped working. I have no idea why. i dont know if its a software issue or hardware issue. the mic is disabled and the sound mixer is enabled, i disabled it and reenabled it and it still didnt work, i went into the properties and everything is where it should be (volume, ect) i checked the actual mixer down by the clock and that sound was fine on everything to! the speakers are working video is working so i dont think its any of my cards. and i hear the audio fine, theres nothing wrong otherwise. i feel like maybe its muted somewhere bc when i tried the mic that didnt work either. but i looked in every possible spot i even tried to update the drivers but nothing needed updating! any ideas? im actually pretty good with computers and the fact that i am not figuring out such a simple problem is driving me crazy nuts right now!! help?

Specs
Os-Windows 7 64 bit
Toshiba statelite p745
intel core i3-2350m
Ram-6gb
cpu 2.30 ghrtz

I think thats everything you need~

I am having a little trouble understanding exactly what you are referring to as Sound Mixer. In one section, you say you can hear sound and another you say is it muted. Can you no longer hear sound from your computer?

The Snipping tool can come in very handy in your situation, since you can take a picture of the dialog windows you are having problems with, then edit if you desire, and attach using the paperclip on the advanced reply page.

Im sorry that was confusing, what i ment was that i feel like its on mute in the sense that stereo mixer wont pick up sound even though my computeri s! ok here are hte images img2.jpgin this one thats the stereo mixer and theres no sound, (i know it says the volume is off but thats how i left it after i was trying to fix it ) img3.jpgok here it shows all the volume on my computer now everything would have a volume level except what i circled, so like i said my computer is picking it up its self but this stereo mixer isnt!

I notice you are not showing a Line in device in your Recording Devices Window. Possibly the Realtek driver would need to be reinstalled, or rolled back. If you recently received a Realtek driver from Windows Update, which I have not, it may be involved.

Can you right click the Stereo Mix device and show it's properties? Anything there that might help?

Anything else you can pin down as far exactly what is working and what is not might help..

I notice you are not showing a Line in device in your Recording Devices Window. Possibly the Realtek driver would need to be reinstalled, or rolled back. If you recently received a Realtek driver from Windows Update, which I have not, it may be involved.

Can you right click the Stereo Mix device and show it's properties? Anything there that might help?

Anything else you can pin down as far exactly what is working and what is not might help..

No i went into properties and like i said everything was where it should be, Ill try the rollback bc there were no avail updates, the best way i can explain it i guess is say ur watching a video on the computer and you hear it fine the volume control is picking it up but the stereo mixer isnt, it doesnt effect my sound at all

No i went into properties and like i said everything was where it should be, Ill try the rollback bc there were no avail updates, the best way i can explain it i guess is say ur watching a video on the computer and you hear it fine the volume control is picking it up but the stereo mixer isnt, it doesnt effect my sound at all

OK well i just had quite an adventure, i went did the rollback and when to check, stereo mixer disappered and 2 microphones showed up, i check under disabled and disconnected devices and it was showing everything which where the 2 microphones, come to find out my realtek was totally gone! the computer no longer had it so i went to reinstall it and my god, i didnt even know where to start, so i did a system restore from the furtherest restore point (about a month ago) and im right back to square one lol! so all i did did nothing but bring me in a circle!

OK never mind i did the windows update that it was askingfor me to do and OMG now its just stereo mixer that is working and sounds come on through the computer, but its a screeching noise its annoying, and its consitant, and i tried to fix the levels i went through all levels (volume) on my computer and nothing, i noticed if i turn stereo mixer off the sound stops but then the speakers dont work, everything said everything is working fine, the speakers, everythign! so i played a video with stereo mixer on since it was the only way i was getting sound, it was all echoy and weird, the sound was like if someone was yelling off a clif with that echo. could this possibly mean sound card issue?

Back
Top Bottom