SSD Upgrade issue - New drive not recognized by Marvell controller

Swoop

Running an ASUS P6X58D Premium MB. MB has a 6.0 GBs Marvell 9123 adapter with 2 ports. Also has 6 Intel SATA ports 3.0 GB. Bought a Crucial MX500 SSD 1TB drive. The controller does not recognize the Crucial SSD Drive. I was already running an older drive on the Marvell Adapter and it is working fine.

Looking at the Device Manager under Storage devices I see "Intel Chipset SATA Raid Controller" and "Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller". I do not see the Marvell adapter.

Scratching my head on what could be wrong. DO I need a special driver? Any thoughts?

-Steve

Go to your mobo website and download the marvell driver. You'll need to download the windows 7 driver for it and then run it in compatibility mode.

Sorry to necro this thread, but is this still the 'fix' to this issue? Having exactly the same problem installing a Crucial MX500 on a P55A Fuzion with 2 Marvell SE9128 SATA 3 ports. Any help would be amazing, thankyou!

Go to your mobo website and download the marvell driver. You'll need to download the windows 7 driver for it and then run it in compatibility mode.

I tried installing these drivers and it didn't fix the problem. I think the issue must be in the BIOS, seeing as the BIOS itself is not reading the SSD as SATA (but rather IDE). Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom