Windows 7 Unable to load Twain Server

ruggb

Extraordinary Member
W7 64
Gigabyte P35-DS3R v1.0 with beta F13 BIOS
6GB RAM
8600GTS video

I have a Canon 8600 scanner. The question is, is this error a Windoz problem or a Canon driver problem???????
Upon first instance of error, I uninstalled the Canon software and drivers and purge anything left in the registry I could find. (I don't remember how it first got installed)

I reloaded the latest Canon vista 64 drivers, reloaded Canon Toolbox app

turned scanner on and W7 installed the drivers.

Push button and toolbox app starts. On next click I get the - "Unable to load Twain server" message.

Where should I search?????????????????????

thx

W7 64
Gigabyte P35-DS3R v1.0 with beta F13 BIOS
6GB RAM
8600GTS video

I have a Canon 8600 scanner. The question is, is this error a Windoz problem or a Canon driver problem???????
Upon first instance of error, I uninstalled the Canon software and drivers and purge anything left in the registry I could find. (I don't remember how it first got installed)

I reloaded the latest Canon vista 64 drivers, reloaded Canon Toolbox app

turned scanner on and W7 installed the drivers.

Push button and toolbox app starts. On next click I get the - \"Unable to load Twain server\" message.

Where should I search?????????????????????

thx

seems to be an issue since build 7000 I am expereincing the same as you see thread here

the only consolation is the windows scanner util still works at least on my system , goto control panel\devices and printers then scan from there ;)

I have sent an email to canon but they dont seem interested atm because win 7 is still a beta system :frown:

I dont have the same scanner but note a similar problem with Xerox.

With build 7000 it was fine. With 7048 and 7057 (I didnt try 7022) the scanner stopped working with TWAIN with the same errors you have (both on clean installs and upgrades).

So, it may be more of an W7 problem.

twain_32.dll

Had the same problem as posted in another thread.

Copy twain_32.dll form build 7000 or 7022 into "c:\windows" .
My canon scanner works ever since.

For whatever reason this file is missing on builds later than 7022

maxpilot

My scanner is an Epson V100 Photo (cheapish).

Its Vista-compatible TWAIN drivers installed OK on X64 build 7000 with no difficulties. I was unable to get them on builds 7048 and 7057. I could install the WIA drivers, but they gave very limited choices in operation.

7068 permitted the TWAIN drivers to be installed again. That gives me some hope about the Win7 RC and RTM versions.

It would be better yet if Epson produced formal Win7 drivers for their products, but that may be too much to expect.

seems to be an issue since build 7000 I am expereincing the same as you see thread here

the only consolation is the windows scanner util still works at least on my system , goto control panel\devices and printers then scan from there ;)

I have sent an email to canon but they dont seem interested atm because win 7 is still a beta system :frown:

Thanks for this suggestion. I have an Epson 9400CX and couldn't install the Twain Driver, but your suggestion works great. Eventually the manufacturers will have all of this available.

Hi,

If you do Link Removed - Invalid URL, you will can to download the universal driver for all scanners and for all operatives systems of windows (xp, vista, 7).

This Software work to both Systems: 32 and 64 Bit.

Regards,

apparently it was that missing file in that build.
Subsequent builds were not a problem, and adding that file from the previous build worked.
So no need for those drivers anymore.
Thx anyway.

Back