Windows 7 Unable to partition drive

narayanjr

My build:
Intel core i5 2500k
ASUS P67P8 Pro MOBO
F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL G.Skill 2x4gb
CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1

So I put the computer together and attempted to install Windows 7 home premium 64. I got the same error over and over again than fixed it by changing ram positions and was able to install W7 onto the SSD. It worked fine for a day. I then loaded gfx card drivers and loaded all the drivers off the MOBO disk. I rebooted a few times and it lal worked fine. Then I opened up the case again and installed a SATA dvd drive. After booting up again it said it couldnt find the required drive. It wasnt able to find any operating system.

I went through DISKPART and did list drive and it shows the drive. how ever when I select the drive there are no partitions and no volumes. So I attempted to reinstall W7 but everytime I try it gives me the error Unable to install to the selected location. Error: 0x80300024. When I try and make a partition it looks like its trying then it stops and it did nothing. I also tried doing all the startup repairs from windows. I also tried using bootrec.exe to fix mbr and bcd both returned success but neither fixed anything. When i did bootrec scan os it said there was no OS. I also tried using DISKPART to do Clean all on the drive and i get an error, "DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. "
So it wont let me do anything to the disk.

I have tried running it from two different sata3 ports and 1 of my sata2 ports they all have the same issue. I have tried disconnecting other drivers and just running the SSD and it still doesnt work. I tried removing the dvd drive and that did not fix the problem.

I am at a loss for what to try now or what is really causing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Adam

Back
Top Bottom