Windows 10 Unclickable Task Bar

Because a reset only resets settings and missing files, it doesn't check for corruption.

Will I lose all my drivers if I do a clean reinstall from bootable usb ? Also why No digital output device hdmi in playback devices?
sfc /scannow fix corrupt system files.. How it failed really? It said unable to fix.
Thanks....

No no... Softwares are installing fine. It's just that pre-installed apps and windows store are missing. Windows 10 came pre-installed in my PC. I just resetted my PC..it remains genuine.

When I troubleshoot my PC for "windows store" it gives this: "service registration is missing or corrupt".

WSreset.exe and all don't seem working.

I'll run harware tests but I can't because file is not booting with that usb...(I made bootable usb with that test file..)

Are you sure it's hardware??
>>>Sorry, I got delayed on doing a W10 update for a customer's laptop. If the bootable W10 usb stick didn't work, then you may not have made it correctly. There's also the issue of a bug with the SanDisk Cruzer brand of USB sticks; they won't work with the Microsoft MCT tool & ISO file!:noway:
I don't believe I mentioned that before (sorry if I forgot)
.:redface: Also, it's much easier to create a bootable DVD W10 disc than the USB stick. I would still go back and try to get that to work. Also, neemo makes an excellent point in his POST #17 about reset and reinstallation being different. Reinstallation is more destructive than reset, as it completely erases all content on your hard drive. If you have severe Windows corruption as appears to be the case with the next dozen or so exchanges between you and neemo seems to lead us to that conclusion, then a reinstallation is your only solution. If that fails; then you will have to replace your hard drive whether you are able to test it or not. Do you not have a tech savvy friend that can assist you with making that W10 bootable media? Also, we had asked you to provide us with SPECCY results on the full hardware specs of your system. You ask me if I'm sure if it's hardware; and the answer is, how can I tell since you haven't cooperated on multiple requests for exact specs on your hardware?:scratch: I'm only guessing at this point based on repairing hundreds of other systems, we gave you many, many software solutions--none of which are working.:ohno: You also complain about losing your NVIDIA graphics card drivers upon a full reinstall. What's the big deal there? You either want to get this system working, or just live with the current problem forever? The amount of effort you have expended here trying to find a software solution is immense, not to mention frustrating. Why not accept the fact that you COULD HAVE a hardware failure? Since you haven't run all the tests we've recommended, you cannot rule that possibility out until you do so. If this is beyond your skill level to create a bootable W10 media (DVD or USB), and you cannot afford to take your computer to the local repair shop or are unwilling to do so, you should just take the shortcut we've already offered you: REPLACE THE HARD DRIVE, REINSTALL W10 VIA CLEAN INSTALL, AND GET YOUR PROBLEM FIXED!!<<<
BBJ

>>>Sorry, I got delayed on doing a W10 update for a customer's laptop. If the bootable W10 usb stick didn't work, then you may not have made it correctly. There's also the issue of a bug with the SanDisk Cruzer brand of USB sticks; they won't work with the Microsoft MCT tool & ISO file!:noway:
I don't believe I mentioned that before (sorry if I forgot)
.:redface: Also, it's much easier to create a bootable DVD W10 disc than the USB stick. I would still go back and try to get that to work. Also, neemo makes an excellent point in his POST #17 about reset and reinstallation being different. Reinstallation is more destructive than reset, as it completely erases all content on your hard drive. If you have severe Windows corruption as appears to be the case with the next dozen or so exchanges between you and neemo seems to lead us to that conclusion, then a reinstallation is your only solution. If that fails; then you will have to replace your hard drive whether you are able to test it or not. Do you not have a tech savvy friend that can assist you with making that W10 bootable media? Also, we had asked you to provide us with SPECCY results on the full hardware specs of your system. You ask me if I'm sure if it's hardware; and the answer is, how can I tell since you haven't cooperated on multiple requests for exact specs on your hardware?:scratch: I'm only guessing at this point based on repairing hundreds of other systems, we gave you many, many software solutions--none of which are working.:ohno: You also complain about losing your NVIDIA graphics card drivers upon a full reinstall. What's the big deal there? You either want to get this system working, or just live with the current problem forever? The amount of effort you have expended here trying to find a software solution is immense, not to mention frustrating. Why not accept the fact that you COULD HAVE a hardware failure? Since you haven't run all the tests we've recommended, you cannot rule that possibility out until you do so. If this is beyond your skill level to create a bootable W10 media (DVD or USB), and you cannot afford to take your computer to the local repair shop or are unwilling to do so, you should just take the shortcut we've already offered you: REPLACE THE HARD DRIVE, REINSTALL W10 VIA CLEAN INSTALL, AND GET YOUR PROBLEM FIXED!!<<<
BBJ

Ok. I will do the hardware tests then. I use rufus to make a bootable usb. Let me try and post the results...

Edit: It says "this image is either non bootable or it uses boot or compression method which is not suitable/supported.."
This was for memory diagnostic test.

Untitled.png

Also my laptop is new (3 months old..)

Last edited:
No idea what just happened but some(not all) apps started working. Don't know how? Maybe updates... Apps not working are photos, windows store and calculator and two others... Why??

Edit: Ultimately I reinstalled windows and my problems (90%) were solved..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom