Windows 7 Win 7 Pro BSOD

Nick Radtke

Hi, I'm new, so bare with me.

I've been getting recurrent BSODs in the last few days and can't figure out why. I'm attaching a minidump file from the most recent one.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
MOBO: ASUS P6T Deluxe
RAM: 9GB DDR3 1333 G.Skill
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 1GB Vapor-X
Audio: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Mouse: Logitech G7 Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Optical Drive 1: Lite-On iHAS422 DVD±RW Drive
Optical Drive 2: LG WH10LS30 BD-RE Drive

The issue has come up very recently. At first I thought it was my new BIOS or GPU drivers, but I rolled back on both (and did a complete removal of the newer driver first) and I'm still getting it. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 122810-47096-01.dmp
    270 KB · Views: 410
Tried the two steps you listed. The Logmein was only the client viewer software in Firefox, so that took a sec to find. No change.

However, when I tried going even FARTHER back on the GPU drivers (cleaning out all traces of the old one with DriverCleaner.net) the BSODs stopped. So, in short, it was the Catalyst 10.12 (and 10.12a) drivers causing the BSOD.

Tried the two steps you listed. The Logmein was only the client viewer software in Firefox, so that took a sec to find. No change.

However, when I tried going even FARTHER back on the GPU drivers (cleaning out all traces of the old one with DriverCleaner.net) the BSODs stopped. So, in short, it was the Catalyst 10.12 (and 10.12a) drivers causing the BSOD.

Thanks for updating. Btw, I'm using Catalyst 10.12 and it doesn't crash me. But yes, beta drivers can cause BSOD's. LogMeIn and outdated drivers cause BSOD's as well.

Unfortunately it seems like most of the official ATI drivers these days seem to be beta-quality when it comes to stability for many people. May be specific to the GPU. What one are you running? I've got a 5870 and there seems to be issues with 10.12 and 5800 series on the ATI forums (though there's always that one lucky guy who's like "Not mine!").

I got ATI 5870 and using 10.12, so far so good.
Catalyst 10.3 is not as sexy but looks perfect to me.

Back
Top Bottom