Windows 7 Windows 7 freezes at installation (Please help emergency)

Zuko

I had finally gotten windows 7 and decided to install it on my pc, so i bought some blank dvds and backed up all my data that is important to me. So i went through the normal installation process. After it formatted my hard drive it went onto expanding files at like 7% (21 on the next try) it became frozen, like an image of like a section of the window repeated all over the page. it was frozen and i didn't know what to do. It was a good thing i had a winxp cd so reinstalled xp and thats how im posting this question.

How to fix this?

I chose the custom option
I have Windows XP
I'm running 32bit computer 1.6GHz
1GB DDR2

I burnt it from an iso, idk if i burnt it too fast, cuz i did it at full speed instead of 4x
But i had 2 copies, 1 from my friend, which is the regular windows 7, and the other one from my other friend which is windows 7 lite. idk what speed they burnt it at.
Please help.

freezeeg.jpg

^^ for example of how it looks but it doesnt look like that really but worse.

Last edited:
Windows 7 Lite? that doesn't sound like your working with legitimate copies of Windows 7, also if you have the option try a USB pendrive install if the DVD is freezing.

At first i tried the Windows7 Lite, then i tried the other Windows 7 that my friend gave to me. Please help me.

Out of interest, how long did it freeze for? Ive seen it sit in the same spot for well over an hour before and it eventually got going again. But if your sure patients is not the issue, Id say you have some hardware thats playing up. A full list of your specs might help.

Well the first time, i went in the other room and it was frozen for idk how long, cuz i left while it started expanding. But the next time i tried i gave it about 10-15 minutes. and no change.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: eMachines
System Model: EL1200-05w
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 2650e, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.6GHz
Memory: 894MB RAM
Page File: 438MB used, 1729MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with 512.0 MB

Realtek HD Audio output

Realtek HD Audio input

Back