Windows 7 Windows 7 keeps reinstalling hardware drivers at startup

ppergament

Windows 7 keeps reinstalling hardware drivers at startup. It seems like its not every time but every other time. I will boot into windows and the bubble will pop up "installing Drivers."

When I open it up it is all hardware things I have already installed. Anyone here seen this problem?

ECS pt890t-8 intel board. P4 3.2 ghz
2 gig memory
dual booted with ubuntu - both on separate hard drives.

it reinstalls my ondoard sound
My usb
My video
A couple other things like that. It obviously has the drivers because I manually put them in when I installed it.

Any direction you can point me in would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve had problems like yours with video & audio drivers and once Windows has the wrong driver installed even if you uninstall it, it will come back until you can find a better driver it likes and that can be difficult to do sometimes.

It seems to me that your problem is with your MB chipset drivers and you should download the most current drivers from Intel or possibly even better yet from VIA direct. After uninstalling your old drivers and installing the new ones you may need to update your video drivers as well.

Here are the controllers for your mainboard:
North Bridge - VIA PT890
South Bridge - VIA VT8237A
Audio - VIA VT1708A 6-channel High Definition audio CODEC

It’s a good idea not to update drivers in Windows, or worst yet force them, unless you are having problems especially if it is through Windows update which has caused me the biggest problems, almost always they will screw up your system. I always hide updates for my hardware through Windows Update.

Clearing out bad drivers in Windows can be a real pain in the butt so if this is your problem I wish you the best of luck. You may have to reinstall your OS and start over but I have been able to fix issues like yours it just takes a lot of patients and repetition.

Windows 7 keeps reinstalling hardware drivers at startup. It seems like its not every time but every other time. I will boot into windows and the bubble will pop up "installing Drivers."

When I open it up it is all hardware things I have already installed. Anyone here seen this problem?

ECS pt890t-8 intel board. P4 3.2 ghz
2 gig memory
dual booted with ubuntu - both on separate hard drives.

it reinstalls my ondoard sound
My usb
My video
A couple other things like that. It obviously has the drivers because I manually put them in when I installed it.

Any direction you can point me in would be greatly appreciated.

Try updating your BIOS, I had a similar issue and this solved it. I don't know why, I don't even really know what made me think to do it other than saying to myself "Self, You should probably see if there is a BIOS Revision out yet." never a bad idea to have the latest BIOS for your board.

Back
Top Bottom